Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:25:39 pm

Author Topic: Studies of Religion General Discussion  (Read 4147 times)  Share 

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
  • Respect: 0
Studies of Religion General Discussion
« on: October 09, 2016, 04:28:49 pm »

Yeah for some reason as I explained above (post deleted now maybe?), they didnt put the multiple choice with the sample answers that year for some strange reason. Weird how it is with e marking guidelines instead however.

Yeah I understand ahah... The multiple choice is starting to get annoying, keep making stupid mistakes!

Moderator edit: Split from Question Thread to form a Discussion Thread.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:33:20 pm by elysepopplewell »
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: Study of Religion General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 04:30:36 pm »
Yeah I understand ahah... The multiple choice is starting to get annoying, keep making stupid mistakes!

Omg tell me about it!! I dont know why, but I actually perform better in the 5 markers than the multiple choice! The mc just has a way to get up in my grill like no other subject can

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 04:33:04 pm »

If you want to practice multiple choice I suggest using this:
http://mcq.bostes.nsw.edu.au/course/higher-school-certificate/studies-of-religion/

It's by BOSTES, and has multiple choice questions from 2001-2009 HSCs :) (I don't know if the syllabus changed or not, but I use the economics one and it works fab for mc study). It lets you do it under timed conditions, and marks it for you at the end which is helpful!  ;D
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 04:34:06 pm »
Omg tell me about it!! I dont know why, but I actually perform better in the 5 markers than the multiple choice! The mc just has a way to get up in my grill like no other subject can
I know the answer to the question and I always circle the wrong sh*t. In 2012 I got two questions wrong, one was question 8 about celebrants and I had no idea what was going on. The other was the four characters who believe in different things. I knew what the answer was but i circled the wrong guy....

IKR this mc is bull. HBU?
Did HSC in 2016 and was first person to get 100. Aeronautical engineering for me now :P
  <-- CLICK ME

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 04:35:24 pm »
http://mcq.bostes.nsw.edu.au/course/higher-school-certificate/studies-of-religion/

It's by BOSTES, and has multiple choice questions from 2001-2009 HSCs :) (I don't know if the syllabus changed or not, but I use the economics one and it works fab for mc study). It lets you do it under timed conditions, and marks it for you at the end which is helpful!  ;D

I have done every question in there like 3 times.... they didnt change the syllabus but they refrain from asking any of those questions!! ;) Their wicked >:(
  <-- CLICK ME

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 04:36:27 pm »
+1

I use this as well which i think is helpful

(CAREFUL: do not just use any online multichoice however, only the one from bostes. Even "QuizMe" by cambridge checkpoints has lots of wrong answers. This is why I use bostes, only sometimes, but do not use anything else.)

I have done every question in there like 3 times.... they didnt change the syllabus but they refrain from asking any of those questions!! ;) Their wicked >:(
Haha same it gets a bit repetitive after a while imho.

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 04:38:53 pm »
I use this as well which i think is helpful

(CAREFUL: do not just use any online multichoice however, only the one from bostes. Even "QuizMe" by cambridge checkpoints has lots of wrong answers. This is why I use bostes, only sometimes, but do not use anything else.)
Haha same it gets a bit repetitive after a while imho.

Are you doing full papers for sor, I just cant be bothered writing full essays... Even doing a scaffold - got no idea where to start
  <-- CLICK ME

studybuddy7777

• Forum Leader
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 04:42:15 pm »
Are you doing full papers for sor, I just cant be bothered writing full essays... Even doing a scaffold - got no idea where to start

Rarely. Even though i should, i rarely ever do. I just give myself say 5-10 minutes to work out a plan of attack and write dot points of what my arguments/points are going to be, but I dont really structure it

Make sure you do a SOR I/II paper at least once though, outside the trials, to get a feel for it though. And look at a lot of questions, what are they likely to ask? (People are going towards an integrated response this year as People, Practice and Ethics were the last 3 years essays)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 04:45:27 pm »
Rarely. Even though i should, i rarely ever do. I just give myself say 5-10 minutes to work out a plan of attack and write dot points of what my arguments/points are going to be, but I dont really structure it

Make sure you do a SOR I/II paper at least once though, outside the trials, to get a feel for it though. And look at a lot of questions, what are they likely to ask? (People are going towards an integrated response this year as People, Practice and Ethics were the last 3 years essays)

Trials is an indication that it'll be integrated as well, because the people that write the trial papers (at least the CSSA trials) try and anticipate the HSC exam, so it looks like they think it's going to be integrated as well (which I think is an easier essay so I'm pretty happy :) )

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 04:48:23 pm »

Yeah I attempted the short answers and posted them here: Re: Free SOR Essay Marking!

Mod Edit: Removed double quote :) (i know im good but i dont deserve two of everything i say) ;D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:51:52 pm by studybuddy7777 »
  <-- CLICK ME

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 04:49:01 pm »
Trials is an indication that it'll be integrated as well, because the people that write the trial papers (at least the CSSA trials) try and anticipate the HSC exam, so it looks like they think it's going to be integrated as well (which I think is an easier essay so I'm pretty happy :) )

Yeah thats what i heard... How did you go with inner peace?
  <-- CLICK ME

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 05:24:08 pm »
Yeah thats what i heard... How did you go with inner peace?

I do SOR 1 so I only had the depth study essay :)

BPunjabi

• Forum Obsessive
  • So... Hows life?
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 05:28:49 pm »
I do SOR 1 so I only had the depth study essay :)

Lucky guy.... hey can someone tell me if you get a raw 60% compared to a raw 75%  in SOR II what are the scaled marks like
  <-- CLICK ME

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 05:31:32 pm »
+1
Lucky guy.... hey can someone tell me if you get a raw 60% compared to a raw 75%  in SOR II what are the scaled marks like
Unless it's not on the raw marks database, we simply do not know.

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 07:29:43 pm »
+1
Top Tip: Do as many past multiple choice questions as possible from HSC papers, trial papers, half yearlies, etc.
SOR tends to recycle questions with a slightly new spin each time. It's one of the easiest ways to study! Multiple choice is far less draining than writing essays :P
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!