Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:05:59 am

Author Topic: Dark Mode  (Read 5183 times)  Share 

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
Dark Mode
« on: March 04, 2021, 12:17:41 am »
+9
Hey Everyone,

I think that if the ATAR Notes website had a dark mode then that would allow our eyes to become less tired.

What are your thoughts on this idea?

Kind Regards
JerryMouse2019
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
Re: Dark Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 09:34:00 am »
+3
Hey Jerry,

I really love your idea! I’ll let the other moderators and admins know just in case they missed the forum thread. Keep up the good work :)

Have a nice day and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 09:59:06 am »
+10
It's a great idea, and one I'd love, too - I use dark mode whenever it's available on pretty much whatever platform. Like you've mentioned, I think it's just easier on the eyes for me - and it's nice to at least have that option.

With our current forum software, which is pretty outdated, I don't think it will be easily implemented, but I promise that we're working on a better system so that we can more easily implement things like this.

Dark mode would be awesome.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 01:27:09 pm »
+1
It's a great idea, and one I'd love, too - I use dark mode whenever it's available on pretty much whatever platform. Like you've mentioned, I think it's just easier on the eyes for me - and it's nice to at least have that option.

With our current forum software, which is pretty outdated, I don't think it will be easily implemented, but I promise that we're working on a better system so that we can more easily implement things like this.

Dark mode would be awesome.

I can tell the current software is pretty outdated because I've seen posts from well over a decade ago on the forums.

I hope that the 'better system' that you're talking about comes out soon.

Thanks for letting me know about this Joseph41 :)
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

SmartWorker

• Forum Obsessive
  • Wake determined. Sleep Satisfied.
  • Respect: +79
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 02:06:32 pm »
+3
I would recommend using the chrome extension: Dark web, you can switch between dark mode and light mode on any web page  ;)
Advice to smash Biology ¾:

2021 VCE - 99.35

Tutoring Bio, Chem, English, Methods 1/2 & 3/4 for 2022. DM if interested

Want some advice for VCE? 👇

https://youtu.be/zq0xsaE9GJ4