Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:39:46 pm

Author Topic: Advice on whether I should drop 3U or not?  (Read 780 times)  Share 

Lyly78

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Advice on whether I should drop 3U or not?
« on: April 10, 2019, 09:33:13 am »
Hi, I just got my marks back for my second assessment and I failed... again.
If I remember correctly, then I got ~45% for the first assessment and 44% for my recent one. Honestly, 3u isn't that bad for me because I understand the concepts but I just keep doing silly mistakes which impact my exam mark so much. At this point, I don't think I'll have a chance to recover however my teacher says it's ok if I've scored at least over 30%?? I'm quite disapointed since I wanted to pass my recent exam and I know I'm not doing that well but a part of me still wants to keep going. Any advice on what I should do?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Advice on whether I should drop 3U or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 02:13:46 pm »
+4
Welcome to the forums Lyly78! ;D

First of all, I totally get what it's like to not meet a goal in a tough subject like 3U. I only just scraped a pass in my 3U half yearly exam and ended up coming 2nd last in the cohort. By the end of the HSC I was in the 90% range and in 1st place - I treated the poorer performance as a motivator to work hard and do better! :)

So my advice would probably be to keep going, provided you are still enjoying 3U and feel okay about the content! If it is just silly mistakes in exams, you need more practice under exam conditions. It's all well and good to do well in textbook exercises, actually putting on a timer and doing a practice test under pressure is tougher. Practicing under those tougher conditions should be a priority for you, if it isn't already ;D

Good luck!! You've got this ;D