Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:22:16 am

Author Topic: Werewolf  (Read 208296 times)  Share 

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
Werewolf
« on: September 05, 2018, 04:32:36 pm »
original post
The game has started. It starts here
Depending on how many people would be interested in playing I am interested in GMing a werewolf game on AN.

Most of you have probably heard of this game at some point it goes by many names, Mafia, Werewolf and Town of Salem just to name a few. It is traditionally played with a group of people IRL but it is possible to play it online via Forums.

The basic premise is that everyone who plays is assigned a role, Medic, Werewolf, Seer or Villager.

Werewolves: Each night they work together and pick one person to kill. They are the BAD GUYS
Seer: Each night picks a person. I then reveal that person's role to the seer. They are a GOOD GUY
Medic: Each night picks one person they would like to heal. If they are attacked by the werewolves that night and the medic also chooses them then they are not killed. They are a GOOD GUY
Villagers: They have no specials roles and make up the good guys.

The game is split into two phases, the day phase and the night phase, the two phases keep alternating.
During the night phase I will PM any player who I require an action from and then compile them.
During the day phase I will announce what happened during the night (who the werewolves chose to kill) and then anyone who is still alive may discuss with each other to try and deduct who the werewolves are. At the end of the day phase each person votes one person who they would like to lynch.

The GOOD GUYS win if all the werewolves are killed in the lynching.
The BAD GUYS win if all the other players are killed

The fun of the game is that you can talk to each other to try and deduct who the werewolf is. You can reveal your role to another player via PM (or you could also lie). And you can say whatever you want in the public thread to try and deduct who the werewolves are. In other words the best liar is the one who usually wins.

This game can only run however if we have AT LEAST 10 people that would like to play.
Please let me know if you are interested or not and if we have enough people we can start a game.
And also if you have any questions feel free to ask.

:)

People currently in the game:
- insanipi
- katie,rinos
- secretly_a_poet
- PhoenixxFire
- Sine
- Maya24
- S200
- Zeths
- jazcstuart
- blasonduo
- fun.jirachi

We now have enough players.
But the more players the better.

I have decided we will start Sunday 9th September at 7pm providing we get at least one other player.
Each round will go for 48 hours. 24 hours for the night, 24 hours for the day

Information for current game
Introducing the updated roles!

Villager (Innocent) Roles:

Lookout - Has the ability to watch a house of their choice and observe who enters that house. (eg blasonduo is the lookout and watches Poet's House. Katie,rinos is a medic and healed Poet that night. blasonduo would then receive "You watch katie,rinos enter your chosen house"). They cannot see if the person leaves the house.

Best Friend - Visits another house at night, and can observe what happens to that person. (Ie The "friend" you visited was healed by a medic and visited by an illusionist!). If a werewolf visits your visited house, you will NOT die

Tracker - Tracks two villagers at night to see if they leave their house and if they travelled a long or short distance. (eg blasonduo DID leave this house last night, he wasn't out for long, so he must've visited a house nearby).

Vigilante - Has the ability to murder a player at night at their discretion. If who they attack is NOT either a werewolf, joker or a zombie, a mysterious force will kill them the next night. If they do attack a werewolf or joker, they continue to live. The vigilante can only attack once. If controlled by a hypnotist, they WILL shoot, however they will not die by the mysterious force.

*Medic - Every night can choose 1 player to heal. If the medic's target was attacked, they will not die AND will get notified that they were saved. The medic can self heal only once.

*Seer - Has the ability to choose a player to investigate each night. They will see 3 roles; 2 innocent roles, 1 evil one (not said) one of them will be their true role. (eg blasonduo is a medic and is investigated, the seer will see blasonduo as Tracker, Medic or evil werewolf/zombie) The Joker will be considered as one of the innocent roles.

Psychic - Everynight they are alive, the GM will give them 2 names. At least 1 of them WILL be an innocent villager the other has a 50% chance of being an evil werewolf. The Joker will be considered an innocent villager. With the given names, they can either bless, curse (or do nothing) to someone. A blessing gives that person 2 votes instead of 1. A curse gives the person 0 votes. The person will NOT know if they are blessed or cursed. The vote graph will NOT show the additional/lack of vote unless the outcome is changed based on the blessing or curse.

Security Guard - Ability to block a house, meaning no one can visit that house, and the villager in that house cannot leave. If the security guard blocks the attacking werewolf's house, they will die. If the werewolf attacks the blocked house, the security guard will die instead. If the security guard dies, the town will be told at which house they died at. If a villager has their action interrupted by the security guard, they will be notified. The security guard will not know who they interrupted. The security guard may now allow the villager they are protecting to still act their role, this is up to the security guard.

Nitwit - If the Nitwit visits, they will stop any action that house was doing (if it's the attack werewolf, they will die).

Overprepared tourist - Has the ability to protect themselves for 3 nights. If attacked when using their protection, they will NOT die. They will get notified if they were attacked. If they use their protection and were not attacked, they still lose the protection.

Amnesiac - Has no role at the beginning of the game. As innocents die around them, they can "remember" that role and be that role for the rest of the game. They can only remember innocent roles and if a remembering a brute kill, will transform into their true role. Amnesiacs can perform their action the same night they transform into their role. There will be no public notification if they amnesiac changes their role.

Werewolves (Evil) Roles:
There will be 3 werewolves, 1 attack and 2 support. If the attack werewolf dies, the one of the support werewolves become the new attacker, but with no benefits.

Attack Werewolf Roles:

Brute - When they kill a villager, they brutalise them so badly that its hard to distinguish between 2 roles. (eg: blasonduo was BRUTALLY murdered last night. It is hard to distinguish their role, but they were either the medic OR the lookout). Medics still successfully heal a brute's attack. Brutes will be told the villager's role

Assassin - So stealthy that the lookout, tracker or security guard can't see them move on every EVEN night. Kills without needing to go the villager's house at night. Assassins can still kill their targetted house even if the security guard was protecting that house. Medics still successfully heal an assassin's attack

Faker - Will attack a chosen house, but also get to visit an additional house. The second house will not get attacked. (eg blasonduo is the Faker, they choose to attack Poet and visit katie,rinos. Poet will die, katie,rinos will not. The lookout will see blasonduo if they pick to investigate either Poet or katie,rinos. The best friend, if visiting katie,rinos will see blasonduo as a "Nitwit".

Support Werewolf Roles:

Hypnotist - Has the ability to control a villager's mind at night, forcing them to act that action instead. (eg Poet, the medic wants to heal blasonduo, but the hypnotist controls Poet into katie,rinos meaning Poet will heal katie,rinos that night instead) The person hypnotised WILL know that they were hypnotised. The hypnotist is the only role that can force non-visiting roles to visit other houses (although nothing will happen) Their hypnotised target will ignore the nitwit. (Security guard will still block)

Illusionist - Has the ability to play tricks on a villager, giving the villager false information. (eg the lookout will see additional people that did not actually visit or the seer saw roles incorrectly) The villager will NOT know if what they saw was real or not (unless they can figure it out :) ). The illusionist cannot make a villager unsee an action, only add an action. (eg if the Lookout watches a villager enter a house, it can't make it seem like that villager didn't enter, only make a second villager enter). They cannot illusion themselves and cannot "force" results from investigation type roles.

Necromancer - Can "revive" a dead player for a night and use the dead villager's ability for the night. The necromancer can only use each dead player once. They can revive the murdered person directly N1 and N2 only (ie same night). Some roles have special dead abilities (click below)
Spoiler
- Dead Security guard - Will wait out a chosen house, if someone visits, the security guard will KILL the visiting player (If 2 or more people visit, 1 person chosen at random will be killed)
- Evil Best Friend - Traumatise a living player so much, that they cannot use their action the following night.
- Creepy Psychic - Casts a magical spell on a player to completely silence them in the next day phase
- Clumsy Nitwit - Will poison an alive player, if not treated by the medic, will die after 2 full cycles (poisoned Night 2, Dies Day 4)
- Vengeful vigilante - If they still have the bullet, will shoot and kill the chosen player
All roles not mentioned will do the same as the alive roles.

Seer's Evil Twin - Has the exact same role as the seer, but is evil :) they are also better at their job, so they can identify a villager's role with 100% accuracy

Swapper - Has the ability to swap 2 villager houses for a night, with them knowing. (Eg the swapper swaps the villagers, Poet and blasonduo around. The seer investigates Poet, but will instead investigate blasonduo that night instead). The swapper will visit both houses during that night, the tracker will always see them travel far. The swapper will only be blocked by the security guard, and if they do, will do nothing that night. Nitwits will still block their ability to swap though.[/size]

Chaotic (Neutral) Roles:

*Joker - Wants to get lynched. If successful they will win. In addition, they can haunt a player that voted off the joker for the rest of the game. Haunting a player will cause them to act randomly at night (eg blasonduo is a medic that voted out the joker and is now haunted. For the rest of the game, blasonduo will heal a random person out of their control. They will know they have been haunted). The joker has Night 1 immunity.

*Zombie - Starts the game as the only one infected. Each Night has the ability to visit a person to infect, people will NOT know if they've been infected and the zombie will be given a list of people infected that night. If an infected person visits a house, they will also infect the person they visited. If everyone alive is infected (has to be at least 4 people), the zombie is revived (if dead) and now has the ability to kill. Zombie wins on their own. The whole town will be notified when this power activates. The zombie has Night 1 immunity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can tell, there are more roles than positions, meaning not all roles will be in the game and it is up to you to figure which ones are not in the game. This will be randomised. All roles with an "*" will ALWAYS be in the game.

Each Day/Night phase will last 24 hours:

Night Phase:

Every player will have 24 hours to send me in PM what they intend to do each night You have the ability to do nothing as ANY role, but you still MUST tell me you intend to do nothing. If someone does not message me, when the day phase starts, I will state this. (eg blasonduo is AFK and did not do their task) When the day Phase begins, I will tell the players relevant information.

All PM's must be sent to me by 10 pm on the relevant night phases

Day Phase:

First thing will happen will be a recount of the last night (ie who died, or who was saved) Their role will be revealed (unless there is a brute)

This is the voting phase. For a successful lynch to occur, the player must get at least 51% of the votes. Once it hits 10pm on the given day, all voted are locked, and the votes will be tallied and the night phase starts. Lynched players will have their roles revealed. "No votes" can be cast, where a player decides there is not enough evidence to lynch someone. If no player gets more than 50% of the votes, the day will count as a "no vote". All votes must be public. Please do not change your vote directly before the deadline if your change has a different outcome.

The death of a player

If a player dies, they can continue on the conversation, but must use this colour to show they have died. Additionally, a dead player CAN NOT reveal information they did not share before they died, but they can continue on with the conversation :)
- Ghosts are not allowed to PM other alive villagers, all information ghosts say must be on the public thread.

- Ghosts can not accuse someone based on "gut feeling". They must back up their evidence with a message in the public forum ONLY.

- Ghosts can not say directly who they want lynched for the day.

---------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions about any of this, please ask away. This can get really confusing!!

If there isn't any problem. ANville will begin......:

We will start... NOW we will start on a night phase. Roles will be given out in roughly 1-2 hours.
Action roles are due 10pm 13th May

Current game starts here
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 06:45:08 pm by blasonduo »
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
Re: Werewolf
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 04:43:33 pm »
Great initiative, TD! This game is definitely popular at uni in the games club I'm on the committee for, so I'm keen to see how this plays up! ^-^
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 04:45:59 pm »
I haven't played Werewolf in ages! I'll play!  ;D
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 04:58:19 pm »
I'm in! *quietly chants* werewolf, werewolf, werewolf
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 05:04:29 pm »
I'm in, I love this game! I play it online sometimes, but I've never tried to play it on a forum haha. How long will days/nights be? Like, will there be set times when it changes over and rules for what you can do during each time? I know IRL nights are just for actions and you can't talk to each other but I don't know how it works when playing on here.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 05:08:19 pm »
Used to play Werewolf in Year 10 maths with one of the greatest teachers  :P

I'm keen if we can get the numbers.

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 05:20:24 pm »
I'm in, I love this game! I play it online sometimes, but I've never tried to play it on a forum haha. How long will days/nights be? Like, will there be set times when it changes over and rules for what you can do during each time? I know IRL nights are just for actions and you can't talk to each other but I don't know how it works when playing on here.

I am making up the rules as we go and we may modify some things to adjust if somethings not working.

But I think it is ok to communicate during the night phase. Especially because the werewolves need to anyway.

I am thinking 24 hours for a night and then 24 hours for a day.

Just to account for the different times people are online.

Probably at like 6pm we will make it change over but I am open to suggestions.

Before we start if we get the numbers I will give the times we are playing by.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:43:42 pm by technodisney »

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 07:59:34 pm »
I'm in. The game sounds fun.

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 08:38:03 pm »
I'm in... :)
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Zeths

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 12:55:35 pm »
I'm in  :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 12:57:02 pm »
I'm in  :)

Welcome to the forums, Zeths! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 01:39:32 pm »
Never played this before, but sounds interesting, I'll play!
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 01:44:30 pm »
Random question. If I were a werewolf, could I choose to kill the Seer?
Or are they untouchable?
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

technodisney

• Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 01:53:47 pm »
We just need at least one more person before we start.
But the more people playing the better the game is.

Assuming that we get at least one more person on Sunday Night at 7pm I will PM each player with their role and we can start. :)

We will go straight into the first night which will end 7pm on Monday. Then a 24 hour day ending at 7pm Tuesday. Then a night lasting until 7pm Wednesday etc...

Random question. If I were a werewolf, could I choose to kill the Seer?
Or are they untouchable?

You may kill the seer.
But the problem is only the seer knows who they are. So you won't know who the seer is.

And people are allowed to lie and pretend to be the seer so you can never be truly sure who is who.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:44:02 pm by technodisney »

blasonduo

• Forum Obsessive
  • Schrodinger waved while Heisenberg didn't?
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 03:16:21 pm »
Awesome! I honestly love playing town of Salem, it would be awesome if we could add more roles in later games (ie jester trying to get lynched or an executioner trying to get an inno lynched or a spy that can observe what happens at night, options are endless and it gets me excited haha)

Few questions though...

1) how many werewolf’s, seers and medics?

2) once we are dead, are we still allowed to discuss and PM? (If not we could include a role that could talk to dead!)

3) Do we have to lynch someone everyday or could we leave the stand empty?

4) Can the werewolves leave notes by the killed that survivors can read?

5) how will you pick who has what role? Random generator?

Count me in for this round though!!! whenever I play this game, it normally is just a guessing game and ends up in luck, especially when the seer dies, so I hope this develops into something epic! :))
2018: UNSW B science (physics)/B education

Kicking myself into gear

HSC Physics Topics 1 & 2 Exam!