Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:26:20 pm

Author Topic: What is your personality type?  (Read 5599 times)  Share 

tomatosauce

• Forum Obsessive
  • Masters degree in Procrastination
  • Respect: +115
What is your personality type?
« on: November 16, 2018, 09:13:59 pm »
+9
Someone described this Personality Test as 'freakishly accurate'. I totally agree - I've always found it to be amazingly correct to the point of being almost scary... I feel like someone has been watching in my window! I would love you to check it out, take the quiz, share your personality type and tell us what it taught you about yourself! I took it again tonight and found I am a 'Executive' Personality... I knew I'd changed over the last few years, and as I redid the quiz I realised how different the answers are now to when I first did it in 2016... I'm very different to what I used to be - the 'Campaigner'!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:39:21 pm by tomatosauce »
Someone told me to grow up yesterday. I immediately banned that person from ever riding my unicorn!
Class of 2020 graduate... if I ever get there! :D
Year 11 - 2019:
English, Math Methods, VET Business 3/4, Legal Studies and Accounting

Year 12 - 2020:
English, VET Accounting 3/4, Math Methods, Legal Studies and VCE Accounting

2021: Chartered Accountant ;)

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: What is your personality type?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 09:53:13 pm »
+4
Someone described this Personality Test as 'freakishly accurate'. I totally agree - I've always found it to be amazingly correct to the point of being almost scary... I feel like someone has been watching in my window! I would love you to check it out, take the quiz, share your personality type and tell us what it taught you about yourself! I took it again tonight and found I am a 'Executive' Personality... I knew I'd changed over the last few years, and as I redid the quiz I realised how different the answers are now to when I first did it in 2016... I'm very different to what I used to be - the 'Campaigner'!
Love it TS!
I'm a hyrbid of 'entertainer' and 'defender' in which im outgoing and spontaneous, living in the moment while also being deep and wisdomatic and defending the people i care about
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 09:59:26 pm »
+8
Fairly sure there have been a few of these personality-type threads posted already, just fyi.. worth a quick search before posting new threads to avoid repetition :)

Anyway, in the interest of keeping things on topic, here's mine:
Defender
Spoiler

(I swear I get a different one each time I do these...)

Edit: I was just reading the description for this and it accurately describes me and what I think right now about myself.. interesting.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:15:56 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 10:01:15 pm »
+10
I swear we have this thread on here every so often hahaha

I got INFP-T
I've done this a couple of times before and I've always gotten INFJ-T, I'm not surprised by the change though. Definitely a result of being more open about my emotions imo. I've done it a couple of times so I sort of remember what answers I've picked before, so I know what I picked differently. It's a pretty close thing though, P and J have always been pretty close to 50/50 for me.

Spoiler
Open-Minded and Flexible – A live-and-let-live attitude comes naturally to Mediators, and they dislike being constrained by rules. Mediators give the benefit of the doubt too, and so long as their principles and ideas are not being challenged, they’ll support others’ right to do what they think is right.
Too Idealistic – Mediators often take their idealism too far, setting themselves up for disappointment as, again and again, evil things happen in the world. This is true on a personal level too, as Mediators may not just idealize their partners, but idolize them, forgetting that no one is perfect.
Too Altruistic – Mediators sometimes see themselves as selfish, but only because they want to give so much more than they are able to. This becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as they try to push themselves to commit to a chosen cause or person, forgetting to take care of the needs of others in their lives, and especially themselves.
Ooft, it me.
Difficult to Get to Know – Mediators are private, reserved and self-conscious. This makes them notoriously difficult to really get to know, and their need for these qualities contributes to the guilt they often feel for not giving more of themselves to those they care about.
Lol
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 10:25:37 pm »
+8
Echoing the above sentiments, I think I've seen something similar to this when I first signed up to AN...

But anyway, I got ESTP-A (Entrepreneur), even though I've done this test multiple times before and generally get ESFP-A. Guess I'm becoming more and more emotionless every day.

actual results
90% extroverted
54% observant
56% thinking
89% prospecting
74% assertive
Entrepreneurs are the likeliest personality type to make a lifestyle of risky behavior.
Risk-prone – This impatience can lead Entrepreneurs to push into uncharted territory without thinking of the long-term consequences.
There goes me putting 'highly responsible' on my resume.

Funny story - in year 10 I was obsessed with MBTI and chose Psychology for VCE as this technically goes under 'psychology'. Dropped out 2 weeks later after realising that psychology is more than just doing personality tests lol ;D
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 11:11:57 pm »
+4
-snip-
I have got to meet you..

My current and previous personality tests are exactly the same as yours! (Except I am ESTP-T 'rather than A)
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Richard Feynman 101

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: -12
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 11:39:49 pm »
Fairly sure there have been a few of these personality-type threads posted already, just fyi.. worth a quick search before posting new threads to avoid repetition :)

Anyway, in the interest of keeping things on topic, here's mine:
Defender
Spoiler

(I swear I get a different one each time I do these...)

Edit: I was just reading the description for this and it accurately describes me and what I think right now about myself.. interesting.

Introverted and turbulent are those oxymorons

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 11:40:50 pm »
+5
Mines the Advocate

It's almost exactly the same as what I got at the start of the year :)
Spoiler
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Cyka

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 11:58:39 pm »
+3
ADVENTURER (ISFP-A)

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 12:33:55 am »
+7
-snip-

Mediators UNITE

I got INFP-T as well.

Unlike their Extraverted cousins though, Mediators will focus their attention on just a few people, a single worthy cause – spread too thinly, they’ll run out of energy, and even become dejected and overwhelmed by all the bad in the world that they can’t fix. This is a sad sight for Mediators’ friends, who will come to depend on their rosy outlook.
I feel like that first paragraph is a perfect summary of my life.
I keep getting overwelmed by stuff I want to fix but can’t and then my outlook goes temporarily downhill which I can see effects the people I’m close to.

I agree with everything it said about me overall besides the artsy side. The emotional side was a spot on description of me.

I always try and see people in a positive light.

I get overwelmed seeing too many issues in the world.

I get annoyed when people don’t take my advice.

I do sometimes use metaphors or at least find different ways to explain things.

I am always trying to understand why people are the way they are, no one is inherently angry, no one is inherently rude something has happened to them causing them to be like that.
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 08:34:38 pm »
+3
When I did the test ages ago I got INFJ-T, Advocate, but now I'm a ENFP-T, Campaigner.

I am always on the border of extrovert and introvert. I have decided that I'm a 'shy extrovert' because I'm quite quiet, a bit socially awkward, and am not normally one to start conversations, however, I enjoy social interactions and being around a lot of people, I would always choose to go to a party or out with my friends rather that staying home.
On the other hand, my friend is loud, charismatic and a people magnet, but doesn't really like social things like parties or formal and would rather stay at home.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:51:54 pm by Owlbird83 »
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 10:17:22 pm »
+2
I finally took the time to do this thing, and I think this thing actually works :o

Spoiler
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

KiNSKi01

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 10:29:07 pm »
I finally took the time to do this thing, and I think this thing actually works :o

Spoiler

Yoooo fellow logician  ;D
ATAR: 98.20

'18:
Physics - 42
Psychology - 40

'19:
English Language -42
Chemistry - 40
Further Maths - 45
Maths Methods - 40

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 01:29:11 am »
+1
I always keep on getting different (although somewhat similar ones)........and just double checked with the older thread and these were the three.

LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ)
DEFENDER (ISFJ)
VIRTUOSO (ISTP)

Anyone else get anything similar!

Sconey

• Trendsetter
  • 'Any fool can know. The point is to understand.'
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018, 02:08:30 am »
+1
I have the 'Executive' personality, and I'm proud of it! See the attachment for full results.