Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:17:02 pm

Author Topic: switching from literature to mainstream english  (Read 1093 times)  Share 

beematw

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
switching from literature to mainstream english
« on: December 03, 2021, 01:09:28 am »
Hey all!
I am a current Year 10 student (class of 2023) and I started studying Literature 1/2 this year with the intention of completing units 3/4 in Year 11. However, I don't think Lit is the best choice for me.

I've always achieved excellent grades in English throughout my learning career and so I thought I would do really well in Lit, but I have found it to be a much greater challenge than I expected and it does not suit my learning style very much. Lit is, at least in my class, a highly analytical subject that requires a fair bit more close language analysis than I can handle. I've averaged a C+ for this year and I believe I can thrive a lot more in regular English.

I've basically made up my mind about making the switch, but I have a few questions:
1. is it really a good idea to switch at this point? is it too late/should I just stick with it?
2. if I do change, is it a good idea to skip units 1/2 and go straight to 3/4? would I be missing much?
3. has anyone else made this decision? do you have any other advice?

I appreciate you for taking the time to read and respond to this post.
Cheers :)
:,)