Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:53:12 am

Author Topic: Unfinished exam  (Read 1295 times)  Share 

pomegranatey

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Unfinished exam
« on: November 02, 2021, 07:38:35 pm »
Hi!

I did pretty well in english throughout the year, but when it came to the final exam I found it hard to manage my time and I left both section A and B unfinished. My section A piece had only an intro and two sorta weak bodies. My section B had an intro, two strong bodies and a conclusion - even though I only had two paragraphs, it felt pretty solid. Section C was all that I managed to finish, I feel like I did it well.

Has anyone left sections unfinished and still obtained pretty good marks?  I'm aiming for like a 35+, is that realistic at all? I know it depends on a bunch of other factors like strength of analysis, so it's probably a stupid question to ask in the first place, but i'm just curious if they'd mark down an essay harshly because it's unfinished.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Re: Unfinished exam
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 07:45:13 pm »
+1
Hi!

I did pretty well in english throughout the year, but when it came to the final exam I found it hard to manage my time and I left both section A and B unfinished. My section A piece had only an intro and two sorta weak bodies. My section B had an intro, two strong bodies and a conclusion - even though I only had two paragraphs, it felt pretty solid. Section C was all that I managed to finish, I feel like I did it well.

Has anyone left sections unfinished and still obtained pretty good marks?  I'm aiming for like a 35+, is that realistic at all? I know it depends on a bunch of other factors like strength of analysis, so it's probably a stupid question to ask in the first place, but i'm just curious if they'd mark down an essay harshly because it's unfinished.

It depends on our SAC marks and ranking in the cohort. But if your essays were solid, I believe so.

ConFinCMC

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
Re: Unfinished exam
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 10:27:00 pm »
+1

Okay, take this advice with a grain of salt, because none of my study scores were even above 30, but I only completely finished one of my five written exams, and got decent better than expected exam results. This definitely isn't something you might have been expecting, but I got about three-quarters finished of my Drama exam and scored a C+, despite my SAC marks not being as... robust *cough, cough* as the rest of the exam.

Like others mentioned, it comes down to your SAC marks, and cohort rankings and other nonsense that we barely understand, but I feel like you should be fine. They'll still mark your Section A and B for what you've done, and if you have the full intro, body paragraphs and a conclusion, I doubt they'll mark you down any further.
2020- 53.35

English Lang. <20
History: Revolutions. <20
French: 27
Biology: 28
Drama: 24

"Well, it doesn't define who I am, but it does a bloody good job at crushing my spirit and self-esteem"

2021- Gap Year, working in Bright at the snowfields (guys, this is so much fun)

2022- Fed University, Fast Access Program Diploma

If anyone wants advice on what NOT to do, feel free to send me a message.