Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:08 pm

Author Topic: Pets  (Read 3478 times)  Share 

smallbean

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +28
Pets
« on: May 23, 2021, 01:15:24 pm »
+3
I'm thinking of getting a pet one day when I move out (a cat probably) and I would love to hear stories of how you got your pets and how they have helped you/been a positive addition to your life!

Extra points for pictures  ;)
~Class of 2019~
2018: Chinese {SL}

2019: English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, History Revolutions

2021-2023: Bachelor of Arts @Melb Uni

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: Pets
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 01:37:53 pm »
+6
I already love this thread!

I have two cats– the oldest is turning 9 this year and her name is Bidik (I don't know the exact meaning– it's a word roughly used to describe "cute" in Turkish). My dad had taken me to a family-friend's house who had little kittens and they let me pick one to take home. They were all white coloured except my one, who was a little scruffy brown one, and I picked her because she was the only one that didn't run away from my little 8-year-old grubby hands. Her original name was meant to be Ash, because I wanted a grey kitten, but my family misinterpreted it as Ashley and of course I hated that so we changed the name all together to something in our language. I honestly don't remember my life before Bidik– mainly because of how young I was but also because Bidik has been such an integral part of our family. We love her so much and I feel like I've grown up right alongside her. She's matured to be a very mellow, cuddly adult cat and it's so easy to take care of her. She feels like a roommate more than a pet, to be honest  ;D

My second cat is turning 4 this year, her name is Benek (Means "spot" in Turkish because she's a bicolour cat with black spots on her white paws) and getting her was a complete coincidence. She came to our doorstep one night, smelling horribly like burnt wood, and we didn't know what to do so we took her in for the night, much to Bidik's dismay (lol). We ended up handing her over to the Lost Dog's Home because we wanted to make sure she could return to her rightful owners if she had any, but she wasn't chipped and wasn't picked up for a while. So we begged my mum to go get her back  :-*
Benek has more of a connection with my parents, especially my dad. She'll cuddle up to him and groom him like one of her own. But she's very very bitey towards me and it's a shame because she's just too cute but you can't touch her without getting ripped apart :'(
But we love her nonetheless.

I'm obviously biased but IMO cats are so much easier to take care of than dogs so if you're looking for a sort-of low-maintenance companion I think a lil cat is the way to go!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:39:53 pm by blueycan »

HappyMe

• Adventurer
  • Everything happens for a reason
  • Respect: 0
Re: Pets
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 06:50:33 pm »
+2
That's so adorable! I would love to have a cat myself, however since none of my family members are really keen on getting one, it'll have to hold off until I move out too :(((( I think cats are just very special and unique compared to other pets...and I feel like having a cat would be like having a best friend...but cuter
2021 - Psychology 1/2
2022 - Psychology 3/4, Further 3/4, Biology 1/2, Legal 1/2, English 1/2, H&HD 1/2
2023 - Biology 3/4, Legal 3/4, English 3/4, H&HD 3/4