Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:26:41 pm

Author Topic: 1/2 oral SAC next week  (Read 4587 times)  Share 

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
1/2 oral SAC next week
« on: March 13, 2021, 06:43:26 pm »
Hi, hope everyone is well! So I have an Italian Oral next week, the topic itself is not hard, just stuff like yourself, family, school and future and I had a practice oral today. I completely blew it, my writing skills are fairly good but my on the spot speaking is atrocious and my ability to understand what she is saying is quite poor. Does anybody have any advice on how to improve my listening and especially on the spot speaking? what practice helped you?
Thanks a ton!
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

ConFinCMC

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
Re: 1/2 oral SAC next week
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 07:05:53 pm »
+2
This may be a bit different, because I did VCE French, but my best advice is to try and practice your oral component, possibly with a friend or other classmate. It's also good to list a few possible questions that they ask, e.g., What are some hobbies, do you have any siblings, what's your favourite subject, and what are your plans after school. Take these questions, and practice some answers. If you are able to, prepare long sentences with impressive and advanced terms and grammar. If you aren't at that level, or can't prepare a large amount; don't worry too much about it

In terms of Listening, many teachers would recommend listening to people speaking in Italian, such as on the news, on YouTube videos, movies, and even podcasts. If you are able to find a few practice listening modules in Italian for Unit 1/2 students, I'd recommend trying to find question sheets too, as they work very well.

The most important thing is to remember that this is the first SAC for VCE Unit 1 and 2. Most students have rusty, and undeveloped skills at this point. If you don't get a high mark, that's fine. You still have this year and next to do well on your grade. One bad grade, especially in a Unit 1/2 subject, isn't the worst thing that can happen. Over this year, and next year, you will improve greatly. Take all this advice onboard, it helped me and my friends improve over time.
2020- 53.35

English Lang. <20
History: Revolutions. <20
French: 27
Biology: 28
Drama: 24

"Well, it doesn't define who I am, but it does a bloody good job at crushing my spirit and self-esteem"

2021- Gap Year, working in Bright at the snowfields (guys, this is so much fun)

2022- Fed University, Fast Access Program Diploma

If anyone wants advice on what NOT to do, feel free to send me a message.

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 07:45:46 am »
+1
Thanks a ton for your advice! Got the SAC today and I am still pretty nervous but much more confident but we will see how I go!
Update:
So I did the SAC, 65%, mediocre but I am personally happy with this. Especially since I could not answer a single question last week. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 02:59:29 pm by mabajas76 »
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

ConFinCMC

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 10:42:05 pm »
+2
65% seems like a good score, especially considering that you doubted yourself only a week ago. And remember; you still have a long way to go to perfect your language skills. When I started Year 11 French, I din't think I'd be able to get through at all. And then I did.

What's most important, and this goes for everyone, is that you are happy with your mark, and you believe that you can do well throughout the next two years. Best of luck for all future SACs and assessments.
2020- 53.35

English Lang. <20
History: Revolutions. <20
French: 27
Biology: 28
Drama: 24

"Well, it doesn't define who I am, but it does a bloody good job at crushing my spirit and self-esteem"

2021- Gap Year, working in Bright at the snowfields (guys, this is so much fun)

2022- Fed University, Fast Access Program Diploma

If anyone wants advice on what NOT to do, feel free to send me a message.