Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 09:10:47 pm

Author Topic: Deleting account  (Read 30521 times)  Share 

Albert888888

Deleting account
« on: December 15, 2020, 03:51:02 pm »
How do we delete our AtarNotes account?

ATAR Notes Official

• Administrator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +207
Re: Deleting account
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 03:57:43 pm »
+4
How do we delete our AtarNotes account?

Hi Albert888888! We can do that for you - we'll send you a message. :)
PMs on this account are not monitored. Please contact us here.

Lara R

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 01:52:20 pm »
I would also like to delete my account.

ATAR Notes Official

• Administrator
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 02:02:28 pm »
I would also like to delete my account.

No problem - we have just messaged you to follow up. :)

helena33

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 08:57:41 pm »
+2
I am super confused why ATAR notes is so special, why it doesn't allow users to delete their account or change their usernames. Every website, social media, game, etc. allows the user to do this, who created it in the first place. Even on instagram, you are able to delete your own posts and comments, I thought that it's a basic right....... I also read some posts about members deleting their posts for valid, personal reasons, and then moderators restoring them?!

Why would you not allow users to delete their account in a click of a button, and save the moderators some time? Some people may have just created an account on the spur of the moment and don't actually want to use it.

Also, why can't we delete our reviews on your products? I'm pretty sure that every other website/company who sells their product allow their uses to do this... I really can't comprehend the business model of ATAR notes. Aren't platforms like these supposed to give their users freedom over their own content and freedom over their account.

Flybird123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 09:29:09 pm »
I am super confused why ATAR notes is so special, why it doesn't allow users to delete their account or change their usernames. Every website, social media, game, etc. allows the user to do this, who created it in the first place. Even on instagram, you are able to delete your own posts and comments, I thought that it's a basic right....... I also read some posts about members deleting their posts for valid, personal reasons, and then moderators restoring them?!

Why would you not allow users to delete their account in a click of a button, and save the moderators some time? Some people may have just created an account on the spur of the moment and don't actually want to use it.

Also, why can't we delete our reviews on your products? I'm pretty sure that every other website/company who sells their product allow their uses to do this... I really can't comprehend the business model of ATAR notes. Aren't platforms like these supposed to give their users freedom over their own content and freedom over their account.
im so confused why people with nothing on their accounts want to delete it. im so confused.

JerryMouse2019

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • I love Spider-Man :)
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 10:38:56 pm »
+4

The website itself is over a decade old. I guess that is why some basic features are not present. They are working on an update that I am sure will modernise the website.
QCE Class of 2021: English | General Maths | Business | Economics | Legal Studies | Digital Solutions

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy” – Dale Carnegie

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 08:47:22 am »
+11

Fb paid a billion dollars for insta, insta was made after AN & has more than a billion users. Not to mention that insta performs a different role than AN. imo it's not a valid comparison.  We're "special" because the forums are out here trying to help students get free help and aren't a social media giant

I'd prefer it if people could just delete their own account. As far as I can tell in the settings it looks like people can delete accounts on their own, but obv in reality they can't so messaging an admin and us deleting for you is our work-around.

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about with posts being restored there. Sometimes people post a question and then delete it after it's been answered which means no one else can benefit from it & is against our rules - that's the only case I can think of where mods would restore an intentionally deleted post.

If you have concerns about any mod actions please message w/ a link to the post (if applicable), describe what's happened and your concerns.

I have no idea how product reviews work tbh so I can't speak to this.

I don't know what "platforms like this" looks like.  Volunteering is the heart of the forums and people are doing the best with what they have. AN's been around for a while so the underlying tech is fairly old. What might seem like a simple change or upgrade requires a lot of investment. No one is trying to maliciously inconvenience you or anything. 

We're doing our best to work with what we do have & yeah we want to improve our infrastructure but that's deceptively difficult.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:52:17 am by Bri MT »

hanwilliamss_

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 04:49:33 pm »
Can I delete mine as well please?

ATAR Notes Official

• Administrator
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 09:02:37 am »
Can I delete mine as well please?

No problem - all the best for the future. :)

eveee

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 12:30:39 am »

could I please have my account deleted as well? Thanks!

lindakuang

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 11:06:20 pm »
I would like to delete mine too. Thank you!

Olsene

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2021, 01:05:13 pm »
 I would like to delete my account.

lachlan.assauw

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2021, 08:44:25 pm »
Please delete my account too

cheyanne.w

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2021, 10:21:52 am »
I would like my account deleted as well please.