Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:39:35 am

Author Topic: 2020 Psychology Exam!  (Read 4939 times)

• Adventurer
2020 Psychology Exam!
« on: November 12, 2020, 12:43:31 pm »
psychology exam 2020:D

sarah15

• Adventurer
Re: 2020 Psychology Exam!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 12:55:11 pm »
has anyone done the answers?

Chloe182

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 09:47:04 pm »
I FOUND IT SO HARD AND HAVE CRIED AFTER REALISING I MIS-READ THAT ONE QUESTION ABOUT THE SECONDARY APPRAISAL.
I THOUGHT IT MEANT THE SECOND PART OF THE FIRST APPRAISAL
[2020]: 3/4 Psych, 3/4 Music Performance
[2021]: ?

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 11:08:57 pm »
Hey Chloe,

I understand exactly how you're feeling right now and it really, truly sucks. You're not alone - it seems as though a lot of the state found the exam difficult. It's likely that the grade boundaries will be lower this year due to this.

I know it's hard but please try to keep your head held high. 

All the best for Music :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

AR1472

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 01:34:12 am »
I found that exam weird. Like, personally I found mcq easier than 2019, but SAQ and the 10 marker were harder. The questions seemed weird like for example, explaining how to demonstrate procedural memories or a straightforward "explain two differences between the sympathetic nervous system and the spinal reflex" or that soft drink question where people tossed up between classical conditioning and observational learning.
honestly, i'm curious as to what people put down for the parents comforting the girl (maxine??) with the phobia question. negative or positive reinforcement? i think it could be either but depends on the justification.

overall, a very weird exam. i don't know how to feel about it  :-\

Chloe182

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 07:14:05 am »
Fir the soft drink question I Actually put operant conditioning... Because their is an acquisition occuring between the behaviour of drinking/buying the drink and with the consequence of feeling good... And then that's positive reinforcement...
Initially wrote observational learning though and had to rewrite my answer.

The Maxine question I put negative reinforcement but my explanation probably wasn't great - that was hard...

I even struggled with the differences between the spinal reflex and somatic nervous system response? What did you put?

Chloe182

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 07:16:37 am »
Hey Chloe,

I understand exactly how you're feeling right now and it really, truly sucks. You're not alone - it seems as though a lot of the state found the exam difficult. It's likely that the grade boundaries will be lower this year due to this.

I know it's hard but please try to keep your head held high. 

All the best for Music :)

Thank you!! Trying to stay as positive as possible...
It's crappy as I worked so hard and having that possibly not show because of one exam sucks.

And thank you for the Goodluck :)

AR1472

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 08:46:43 am »
Fir the soft drink question I Actually put operant conditioning... Because their is an acquisition occuring between the behaviour of drinking/buying the drink and with the consequence of feeling good... And then that's positive reinforcement...

The Maxine question I put negative reinforcement but my explanation probably wasn't great - that was hard...

I even struggled with the differences between the spinal reflex and somatic nervous system response? What did you put?

I put classical conditioning for the soft drink question because the positive emotion is an involuntary response. I think they were watching someone feel good whilst they drink the soft drink and that pairs with the soft drink until the soft drink becomes a conditioned stimulus and the conditioned response is positive emotions thinking about the soft drink, but not too sure :((

I also put negative reinforcement for the Maxine question. I said like by her parents giving her comfort, they were essentially removing her fear response/ fear symptoms so that’s negative reinforcement buT the question said “for the parents” so I’m thinking it might have been positive .-.

Also when I saw that first SAQ I was shook I didn’t think they’d give us something not scenario based. My first difference was that the sympathetic nervous system response results in physiological responses (eg. elevated heartbeat, dilated pupils) whereas the spinal reflex doesn’t and that the sympathetic nervous system response regulates the flight or fight response but the spinal reflex doesn’t. I don’t think I went into enough depth here oops 😐

Chloe182

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 09:15:44 am »
I put classical conditioning for the soft drink question because the positive emotion is an involuntary response. I think they were watching someone feel good whilst they drink the soft drink and that pairs with the soft drink until the soft drink becomes a conditioned stimulus and the conditioned response is positive emotions thinking about the soft drink, but not too sure :((

I also put negative reinforcement for the Maxine question. I said like by her parents giving her comfort, they were essentially removing her fear response/ fear symptoms so that’s negative reinforcement buT the question said “for the parents” so I’m thinking it might have been positive .-.

Also when I saw that first SAQ I was shook I didn’t think they’d give us something not scenario based. My first difference was that the sympathetic nervous system response results in physiological responses (eg. elevated heartbeat, dilated pupils) whereas the spinal reflex doesn’t and that the sympathetic nervous system response regulates the flight or fight response but the spinal reflex doesn’t. I don’t think I went into enough depth here oops 😐

Argghhh, classical conditioning does make more sense... Dammit. Not to mention I misread the one about the appraisals and wrote challenge + harm/loss (i think) as a part of the second substage of the first appraisal instead of the secondary appraisal. I could've done so much better :(

AR1472

• Forum Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 09:52:08 am »
Argghhh, classical conditioning does make more sense... Dammit. Not to mention I misread the one about the appraisals and wrote challenge + harm/loss (i think) as a part of the second substage of the first appraisal instead of the secondary appraisal. I could've done so much better :(

Aww don’t worry about it now- you tried your best ^^ I’m hearing most people were feeling pretty mixed so it’s true the A+ cut off is likely to be lower  :)

khaiv710

• Adventurer
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 10:28:04 am »

I wrote classical conditioning, because the question asked about how it generated positive emotions, which is an involuntary response.

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 04:44:27 pm »
does anyone have access to the exam booklet and/or answers by any chance?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 05:59:08 pm »
does anyone have access to the exam booklet and/or answers by any chance?

unfortunately VCAA exams are copyrighted so they can't be shared on the forums.  This is just advice but for answers it's probably best to only work on / self-mark for mcq since sa can be very subjective