Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 07:23:55 pm

Author Topic: Does Melbourne University require you to do physics in order to study medicine?  (Read 4313 times)  Share 

Rose34

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Hello everyone,

I hope that everyone is doing well during this hard time. I have a question. Do I need to do Physics in year 11 in order to get into Melbourne University and do Medicine. I want to become a general practitioner in the future. And if I do need it, how do I know that I will be good at it?

Kind Regards,
Rose

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Remember that the Melbourne University medical course is a postgraduate course. In other words, you must do an undergraduate degree before entering the Doctor of Medicine program. You do not need to complete a physics unit in your undergraduate to get into the M.D and you also don't need to have done high school physics to get into undergraduate courses that are popular such as Science or Biomedicine.

You also don't need physics if you wish to also apply for the undergraduate (straight out of high school) direct medicine course at Monash.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Rose34

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Remember that the Melbourne University medical course is a postgraduate course. In other words, you must do an undergraduate degree before entering the Doctor of Medicine program. You do not need to complete a physics unit in your undergraduate to get into the M.D and you also don't need to have done high school physics to get into undergraduate courses that are popular such as Science or Biomedicine.

You also don't need physics if you wish to also apply for the undergraduate (straight out of high school) direct medicine course at Monash.

Thank you very much.