Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:55:04 am

Author Topic: Congratulations to our new Moderators!  (Read 4777 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Congratulations to our new Moderators!
« on: October 09, 2018, 10:30:35 am »
+28
As you may be aware, we recently called for new moderators, and we were absolutely stoked to receive many fabulous applications. And I mean that; every single applicant could have realistically been modded, and I'm sure a number of them will be in the future.

The existing mod and admin team has now decided on (for now - one more to come) three users to mod immediately, and this thread is to celebrate their achievements and promotions!

Each of these users has contributed significantly to ATAR Notes over a period of time, and we're absolutely 100% confident that they'll do a stellar job in their new roles. We've recently seen a bit of a changing of the guard, with a number of moderators moving on to other endeavours, and we think these three will go a long way to filling their shoes. :)

So, I'm very happy to announce:

Congratulations to new State Moderator: owidjaja
AREAS: HSC History, HSC Society & Culture, HSC Journey Journal
After joining in September 2017, owidjaja has posted 700+ times, and has a fantastic 300+ respect. She has voluntarily written many articles for us (even through her busy Year 12 year), contributed strongly in the, amongst others, Journey Journal and English Advanced sections, and has taken initiative in threads like this, this, this, this and this. owidjaja won Member of the Month in January 2018, and we're super confident she'll do a great job in the HSC History, Society & Culture and Journey Journal boards. Congrats, owidjaja!

Congratulations to new State Moderator: PhoenixxFire
AREAS: VCE Biology
I honestly think there would have been public outcry had PhoenixxFire not been awarded with modship for VCE Biology. Further to her presence and contributions across a number of other sections of the forums, for some time PF has been leading the Bio board. She has made 1,300+ posts and has 800+ respect - truly phenomenal numbers. PhoenixxFire joined ATAR Notes all the way back in late 2016, and won Member of the Month a year later in December 2017. Initiatives like this, this, this, this, this, this and this demonstrate that VCE Bio will be in very, very safe hands. Congrats, PhoenixxFire!

Congratulations to new State Moderator: secretly_a_poet
AREAS: Creative Corner, Accountability & Motivation, Forum Games
And finally, we have secretly_a_poet, who will be looking after the Creative Corner, Accountability & Motivation and Forum Games boards. secretly_a_poet has honestly made a huge impact on the forums this year. She won Member of the Month in June 2018, and her warm, enthusiastic and honest posting has made her a forum favourite. In particular, secretly_a_poet has strongly contributed to the development of relatively new sections in the Creative Corner (see here, see here, and Accountability & Motivation (see here, see here). In addition, she has done a superb job on the Forum Games board, and we know she'll continue to push the forums forward in 2019 and beyond.

Please join us in welcoming our three newest State Moderators: owidjaja, PhoenixxFire and secretly_a_poet!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
Re: Congratulations to our new Moderators!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:48:05 am »
+20
A huge congratulations to all 3 of you. I've had the pleasure of watching you all come from barely any posts to being some of the most prolific users on the forums and to be able to work with you all.

Phoenix-my fellow December 2017 motm, i remember when we both won the award, we didn't have as many posts. Now look at you, holy crap you've made such a big impact everywhere!

Poet-i can remember when i first started talking to you, you were so different. I've had so many great convos with you, and I've been able to watch you grow along the way; to owning an absolutely insane post to respect ratio. Holy moly. Keep being so awesome

Owidjaja-I've had the pleasure of working with you for a while now. Both in the society and culture board (probably the main one) and everywhere else so to say. I've watched you develop into a prolific user and help so many people and develop a hsc journey journal which is like a story, its so good.

I already said it, but I'll say it again. A huge congratulations to you all, i cannot think of 3 more deserving people for this role. You all deserve it so much. Well done to all of you!

Its been wonderful to work with all of you; and i hope i have the pleasure of working closely with you all in the future
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 10:48:47 am »
+14
SPEECHES!

SPEEEEEEECHES!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 10:50:40 am »
+12
SPEECHES!

SPEEEEEEECHES!
Not a new mod, but I've made my congratulations speech 😂😂

But i second this!!
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:05:29 am »
+20
SPEECHES!

SPEEEEEEECHES!
Ask, and you shall receive! :D (at least one anyway lol)

(Wow. Wow, wow wowowowowow! I’m actually almost in tears, this is just so amazing. I’m not too good at speeches, so this just from the heart)

You guys are awesome. When I first stumbled into the world of ATAR Notes, I saw the mods and went, “damn, that’s some slick green squares… well, I’ll never get there.” And the first lecture I went to, I loved. The first person I met, I loved. The first post I made (*cringes*) was about what I saw – a community willing to be open, a community that would encourage each other and, most importantly, a safe place. A place that, ultimately, I would end up loving. AN holds a special place in my heart, and I don’t know where I’d be without your daily positivity and pick-me-ups. You’ve all given so much to me – I am soooo ready to return the favour tenfold.

To quote one of my favourite poets, Matsuo Basho, “Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home.” These forums sure have been a journey, and continue to be. And you know what? I’m home.

I can’t even begin to describe how appreciative I am of this place, so I hope my actions can speak for themselves. Look after yourselves, all <3
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 11:29:51 am »
+13
Massive Congratulations all.

Owidjaja... @studywithliv has been awesome, as well as massive English/history contribs. :D

PF, Absolutely marvellous across all boards. What else can I say? :)

Poet, you have been amazing this year, well deserving. ;)

Again, great job all.
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 11:44:57 am »
+14
Wow!! Congratulations to owidjaja, PhoenixxFire and secretly_a_poet!! I am so happy to finally see you guys finally modded !!! I'm so proud of you guys and I can't wait for all your future plans on AN!!!
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.

jazcstuart

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +180
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 11:49:21 am »
+13
Congratulations everyone!
You guys have been around since I joined the forums and I have consistently seen your impact over this time. You each contribute so much and this title is very well deserved. I think this title just officially recognises all the contributions you already make, and I'm excited to see what you do in the future as state mods!!!  ;D
HSC 2017 - Mathematics, Music 1
HSC 2018 - English (Advanced), Maths Extension 1, Chemistry, Geography, Earth and Environmental Science

2019 - B Renewable Energy Engineering @ University of Newcastle

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 12:08:06 pm »
+17
(Apologies in advance for the stilted message I’m stuck in meetings)

Thank you guys so much for this opportunity!

I’m so excited!!! ;D ;D ;D

Love you all <3
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 12:23:40 pm »
+16
A huge congratulations to all of you  ;D I have immense respect for all of you and the dedication you have made on this platform. I look forward to seeing more amazing work from our new Moderators and hope you'll continue to inspire learning on AN as you already have  ;) ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 12:33:44 pm »
+12
Congrats guys!! So well deserved - can't wait to see more of you on the forums!!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 01:59:49 pm »
+12
Congrats guys! Y'all look so pretty with those green boxes under your names. :D
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Vaike

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +236
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 02:19:23 pm »
+10
Congratulations to all three of you! Really well deserved! Super excited to see all the ways you will continue to grow this amazing community :)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 02:45:06 pm »
+15
Phoenix and poet are well overdue from a VIC perspective. Congrats to owidjaja too :)

Well done folks!
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

tomatosauce

• Forum Obsessive
  • Masters degree in Procrastination
  • Respect: +115
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 05:01:56 pm »
+6
Congrats to all 3 of you! :D Poet you totally deserve this!
Someone told me to grow up yesterday. I immediately banned that person from ever riding my unicorn!
Class of 2020 graduate... if I ever get there! :D
Year 11 - 2019:
English, Math Methods, VET Business 3/4, Legal Studies and Accounting

Year 12 - 2020:
English, VET Accounting 3/4, Math Methods, Legal Studies and VCE Accounting

2021: Chartered Accountant ;)