Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 11:03:27 am

Author Topic: Legal Discussions HELP!  (Read 737 times)  Share 

chuckjefster90

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Legal Discussions HELP!
« on: July 18, 2010, 02:23:11 pm »
Hey Guys,
I have this article and I'm suppose to answer a few questions, however I'm not sure if i'm right.
Could you guys help me out?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/victorians-complain-about-irregular-or-high-electricity-bills-each-day/story-e6frf7kx-1225893062533

With this article at the end it says 'Every home will pay an average $76 extra in 2011 to help pay for smart meters'
I'm not sure which question I am suppose to include that in?

What legal issue is being reported or discussed?

I said that its about the victorians complaining about irregular and high electricity bills and therefore struggling families are getting their power turned off. however the opposition is blaming it on the 'bungled roll-out' of smart meters that affect the high bills. The enery minister peter batchelor made a statement at the end explaining that he will work out whether its an individual problem in every cause or if there's some systemic issue.

Does the legal involve the civil or criminal jurisdiction? Identigy ny relevant legislation.

I said that the legal involved in this issue is the civil jurisdiction. But i'm not sure what other relevant legislation are there? HELP!!!

Discuss any broader implications for the effective operation of legal systems and society which this issue may raise.
I really need help here!

I would really appreciate if you guys could help me!! pleasee!

THANK YOU  :)