Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:19:07 am

Author Topic: Twenty Tapes of Nath  (Read 7810 times)

brothanathan

Twenty Tapes of Nath
« on: May 07, 2019, 11:55:58 pm »
+4
Coming soon...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:26:54 pm by brothanathan »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: The VCE Journey 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 09:34:51 am »
+2

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

brothanathan

Re: Chronicles of Nath
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 07:57:59 pm »
+1
Hey guys, this is the first poll I've created on AN and I would really appreciate your opinion. I've always been stubborn in maths and making silly mistakes.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:00:00 pm by brothanathan »

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 08:31:27 pm »
+2
Hey guys, this is the first poll I've created on AN and I would really appreciate your opinion. I've always been stubborn in maths and making silly mistakes.
It really depends on what you like. You should be choosing subjects that you enjoy doing because when you enjoy them you are motivated to study and extend yourself. If you're just doing methods because you feel like you should and are disliking it, then maybe you should drop it, given that you do enjoy philosophy.
However it is important to leave options open, so while it is not a prerequisite for the course you have in mind, you may change your mind and may then need maths. If you are not completely certain that you will be going through with the course you currently have in mind, then it may be wise to stick with methods.
(I am assuming here that you are a year 11. Is this correct??)
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

brothanathan

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 08:34:23 pm »
+2
It really depends on what you like. You should be choosing subjects that you enjoy doing because when you enjoy them you are motivated to study and extend yourself. If you're just doing methods because you feel like you should and are disliking it, then maybe you should drop it, given that you do enjoy philosophy.
However it is important to leave options open, so while it is not a prerequisite for the course you have in mind, you may change your mind and may then need maths. If you are not completely certain that you will be going through with the course you currently have in mind, then it may be wise to stick with methods.
(I am assuming here that you are a year 11. Is this correct??)

Yep, I'm doing 3/4 LOTE this year as well.

brothanathan

Joseph41

• Administrator
Re: Twenty Tapes of Nath
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 04:32:26 pm »
+1
Re: Methods/Philo/VET Music, I largely agree with Erutepa's post. What do you see to be the pros and cons of each subject atm? That might be a good starting point to narrow down which one will be best for you. :)

brothanathan

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 09:56:51 pm »
+1
Re: Methods/Philo/VET Music, I largely agree with Erutepa's post. What do you see to be the pros and cons of each subject atm? That might be a good starting point to narrow down which one will be best for you. :)

Well, I thought about doing Philo and Cert 3 in Mus Industry but I'm currently in a situation where my VET Coordinator is stating that Cert 3 requires you to do Units 1 and 2 first before doing Units 3 and 4. So I may end up just doing Philo. Unless I can negotiate my way through into doing it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 10:01:07 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 06:17:51 am »
+3
Update #1
Hi everyone,
So my decision of dropping Methods so far is going well. I have this librarian at my school who adores me (i.e. keeps praising me) and when I told him I was thinking of dropping Methods for Philosophy he took me under his wing. Even though my school doesn't offer Philosophy he has helped a student in the past studying the subject to achieve a high score? Well, either way, I'm so blessed. He literally gave me a lecture yesterday in the library and explained what I needed to focus on when reading 'Philosophy 101: From Plato and Socrates to Ethics and Metaphysics, an Essential Primer on the History of Thought.'

He also told me to come back in a month for another "discussion". He was about to talk about charges for his mentoring but he literally just axed his idea. Stopped and went straight to nurturing my interest in Philo. Great stuff!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:52:53 pm by brothanathan »

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 01:28:04 pm »
+2
Update #1
Hi everyone,
So my decision of dropping Methods so far is going well. I have this librarian at my school who adores me (i.e. keeps praising me) and when I told him I was thinking of dropping Methods for Philosophy he took me under his wing. Even though my school doesn't offer Philosophy he has helped a student in the past studying the subject to achieve a high score? Well, either way, I'm so blessed. He literally gave me a lecture yesterday in the library and explained what I needed to focus on when reading "Philosophy 101: From Plato and Socrates to Ethics and Metaphysics, an Essential Primer on the History of Thought."

He also told me to come back in a month for another 'discussion'. He was about to talk about charges for his mentoring but he literally just axed his idea. Stopped and went straight to nurturing my interest in Philo. Great stuff!

Teachers really can - and often do - make a huge impact.

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 06:03:54 pm »
+1
Update #1

He also told me to come back in a month for another 'discussion'. He was about to talk about charges for his mentoring but he literally just axed his idea. Stopped and went straight to nurturing my interest in Philo. Great stuff!

Treasure this absolute gem of a teacher! Some teachers can really be so amazing, going above and beyond to help out and care for their students. Sounds like this will be a fantastic experience! Keep us updated, I for one am very keen to hear about how it all goes! Super inspiring!

brothanathan

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 06:39:17 pm »
+1
Update #2 What a life

Hey guys,

So today my Eng Lang SAC got postponed to tomorrow. However, this is 100% shit, considering I now have 4 test periods :( within the next 43 ish hours (Eng Lang SAC and R&S SAC split into two parts in two days).

So anyway, my savior Mr. Librarian sees me no look no scope typing up content from the book on the two sub-topics I missed out on for Unit 1 Philosophy (Metaphysics and Epistemology SO FUN). His reaction was like "Nathan!! That is so impressive etc." Then the lecture begins again and I ask him how argument analysis works and he gave me advice for techniques of reasoning e.g. fallacious arguments.

After that, I went to see my Senior School Coordinator regarding subject changes and well she wasn't there. Had to get a meeting arranged for Friday lunchtime (yay 1 period to go before my two SACs, RIP my hands).

Alright, that's all I've got today and I'll now study for my SACs tomorrow:-\

星期五见!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:46:24 pm by brothanathan »

brothanathan

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 03:45:36 pm »
+1
Treasure this absolute gem of a teacher! Some teachers can really be so amazing, going above and beyond to help out and care for their students. Sounds like this will be a fantastic experience! Keep us updated, I for one am very keen to hear about how it all goes! Super inspiring!

Well less than 5 minutes ago he just said he isn't my teacher or mentor so... Either way I have someone to support my experience.

brothanathan

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 04:24:42 pm »
+1
Minor Update

Just found this gem of a book in my school library. A Harvard Classics book called The Apology, Phaedo and Crito of Plato; The golden sayings of Epictetus; The meditations of Marcus.

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 09:05:39 pm »
+1
Minor Update

Just found this gem of a book in my school library. A Harvard Classics book called The Apology, Phaedo and Crito of Plato; The golden sayings of Epictetus; The meditations of Marcus.

What a find!! Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best for your two sacs tomorrow. Two sacs in one day is not fun but you got this! You can do it! Let me know how it goes :)