Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:28:14 am

Author Topic: The Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 746005 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: The Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3405 on: March 13, 2019, 11:25:54 am »
+4
It's so much easier to do stuff when the weather is colder! This last summer was SO ridiculous. I've been sick for a while now, but being able to breathe fresh, cool air, is such a fantastic feeling after so long! (And yes! Hoodies! FINALLY!)

How good is the (relative) cool? Loving it.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

scientificllama

• Forum Obsessive
  • insert quirky quote
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #3406 on: March 13, 2019, 11:33:03 am »
when you die, are you actually aware of you being dead or does your brain kind of shut off like a computer?
Also the pizzas at dominos are way too small
2019: 1/2 Psych

2020: English, Bio, Chem, Psych, HHD, Methods

2021: bye bye psych :D

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #3407 on: March 13, 2019, 11:36:09 am »
How good is the (relative) cool? Loving it.
jeez u guys must hate Queensland than ....cause I hate the cold air in Victoria (even though I live here, pray for me)
cold and  chilly wind  + rain is the worst legit it goes straight though my jumpers, hoodies, thermals, etc. like a bullet  :P
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #3408 on: March 13, 2019, 11:39:45 am »
+4
It's so much easier to do stuff when the weather is colder! This last summer was SO ridiculous. I've been sick for a while now, but being able to breathe fresh, cool air, is such a fantastic feeling after so long! (And yes! Hoodies! FINALLY!)
I've been sick for 2 weeks and I love being able to wear a hoodie, look like a hobo, and get cozy in bed

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #3409 on: March 13, 2019, 11:41:29 am »
I've been sick for 2 weeks and I love being able to wear a hoodie, look like a hobo, and get cozy in bed
guess this is random but where do y'all buy your hoodies from....without breaking the bank of course
I prefer shaggy oversized hoodies... 8)
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #3410 on: March 14, 2019, 08:11:28 pm »
+7
This has been a comparatively good Pi day this year, considering the weather circumstances.

1. Thunderstorms forecasted, but we could see some sun throughout the entire Pi day event.
2. By the time I was walking to my car the thunderstorms had started. Except I literally perfectly avoided the heavy rain. Walked to my car, then it was pouring during the drive (which I honestly don't care about), and literally as I parked the rain became practically minimal again.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #3411 on: March 15, 2019, 01:17:11 pm »
+6
Fun little things about self-disciplined education: Until now, I was totally unaware that we have holidays, too.

As you should! Everybody needs a break. :)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3412 on: March 15, 2019, 10:12:05 pm »
+5
Can anyone recommend an alarm clock to me? Trying to decrease phone use in my bedroom to improve my sleep hygiene. I don't want anything that's too bright as I like my room being pretty dark.

Any suggestions are welcome! Or any advice about improving sleep hygiene :) 

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
« Reply #3413 on: March 15, 2019, 10:35:08 pm »
+5
Can anyone recommend an alarm clock to me? Trying to decrease phone use in my bedroom to improve my sleep hygiene. I don't want anything that's too bright as I like my room being pretty dark.

Any suggestions are welcome! Or any advice about improving sleep hygiene :)

I have a good, trusty alarm clock that I think I probably got quite cheaply at Kmart or BigW or something.
Sometimes when I used to have trouble sleeping I would look at the time, but I recommend not doing. The temptation for me was always big to look at the clock and check out the time, but even though it seemed harmless to me, it made me anxious about not being able to fall asleep and that would keep me awake more as I forced myself to try to sleep and then kept looking at the clock every 15mins when I realized I was still awake. I keep my alarm clock on the ground just under my bed so I don't hear the ticking, and can't easily look at the time.  :)
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3414 on: March 15, 2019, 10:50:37 pm »
+6
I have a good, trusty alarm clock that I think I probably got quite cheaply at Kmart or BigW or something.
Sometimes when I used to have trouble sleeping I would look at the time, but I recommend not doing. The temptation for me was always big to look at the clock and check out the time, but even though it seemed harmless to me, it made me anxious about not being able to fall asleep and that would keep me awake more as I forced myself to try to sleep and then kept looking at the clock every 15mins when I realized I was still awake. I keep my alarm clock on the ground just under my bed so I don't hear the ticking, and can't easily look at the time.  :)
Admittedly that's why I like having my phone as my alarm - I don't have a clock visible to stress me out about how long I've been awake 😂

Maybe I should look into one of those wearable fitness trackers that has the silent vibration alarm?

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #3415 on: March 16, 2019, 05:57:03 am »
+8
My tonsils are the size of Ipswich.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3416 on: March 16, 2019, 08:27:52 am »
+5
Admittedly that's why I like having my phone as my alarm - I don't have a clock visible to stress me out about how long I've been awake 😂

Maybe I should look into one of those wearable fitness trackers that has the silent vibration alarm?

I find me for that the trick for if you have your phone as your alarm is putting it somewhere where you have to get out of bed in order to reach it. After switching off my alarm I then make my bed which reduces any temptation to go back there. If it's not before sunrise I'll look out the window for a few seconds to kind of register the brightness before moving forward with the rest of my morning.

With sleep hygiene I recommend also looking at: making sure you don't use your bed for study, general procrastination etc., looking at caffeine intake and when, reducing food consumption near bedtime, avoiding looking at bright/blue screens at night, and seeing if you can standardise your sleep routine more.

Those trackers tend to have clocks on them, so just be aware of that :)

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
« Reply #3417 on: March 16, 2019, 10:59:37 am »
+5
Harris Park Station smells like Rice Krispies.
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #3418 on: March 17, 2019, 10:02:20 am »
+7
My 6yo sister accidentally elbowed me in the stomach and now won't stop hugging and kissing my stomach. I'm trying to study 😅
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #3419 on: March 17, 2019, 01:36:43 pm »
+6
It's said that every 5 seconds a person dies, and every 3 seconds a person is born. If that's the case, what would the statistics be when it comes to fish?
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating