Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:14:35 am

Author Topic: Can anyone give tips on how to study research methods?  (Read 605 times)  Share 

amanaazim

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Can anyone give tips on how to study research methods?
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:15:37 pm »
Hey guys, so i have an upcoming SAC, which is on memory and research methods

So i took a look at some practice questions and realised that both research methods and memory are really integrated with each other. So can you give tips on how to tackle those questions.

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Re: Can anyone give tips on how to study research methods?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 10:17:53 pm »
+4
Hello :)

If you provided specific examples of these research methods & memory questions, we'd be able to offer much more targeted help. With that being said, I recommend you gain familiarity by answering memory and research methods questions separately. You will find that these integrated questions are just testing how well you can apply your knowledge to different scenarios & experiments. This comes with repeated practice. If you can learn to apply your knowledge to different scenarios and you are adept at dealing with research methods, then you will be much more prepared to tackle integrated questions with ease. If you are finding these difficult, I suggest you practise both concepts independent of each other before attempting them. You will find that research methods requires you to repeat the same content, but in slightly varied settings that you can expose yourself to before the SAC. As with any question, identify what you need to write to get the marks, which will make it significantly easier for you to answer it. Research methods is very commonly interweaved throughout any and all content in your exam, and likely in your SACs as well, so with more exposure to these questions you will gain confidence and the ability to write down exactly what will give you the marks.
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash