Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:44:56 am

Author Topic: VCE subject selection  (Read 592 times)

quintonishere

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
VCE subject selection
« on: December 03, 2019, 07:25:35 pm »
hi all. i've started to think about which subjects I want to study in VCE and i'm having some trouble deciding

in year 10 i am doing 1/2 bio (and most likely 3/4 in year 11). in year 11/12 i'm thinking of doing english, methods, spesh, and chem

i'm struggling to decide to do french and/or latin. i'm doing (equally) well in both right now. however, i feel like french comes a bit easier/more naturally to me. i don't know whether to do both (7 subjects) or just one

is it a good idea to do another 6 subjects while doing 3/4 bio in year 11? if not, which out of french and latin should i choose?

any help is appreciated :) thanks

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: VCE subject selection
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 09:50:29 am »
+1
is it a good idea to do another 6 subjects while doing 3/4 bio in year 11? if not, which out of French and Latin should I choose?
Hi Quintonishere,
Its great you're already thinking about VCE, assuming you are going into year 11 now???
I completed 3/4 Biol in Year 11 alongside 5 other subjects (English, Gen Math, Business, Psych, Legal) and I found it manageable but albeit stressful during SAC times. Choosing, whether to do a total of 6 or 7 subjects, is going to be dependant on how much time you have to study, whether you enjoy your subjects, whether you manage your time well/not and whether you like all your subjects or the benefits of taking 7 outweigh the benefits of 6 (taking into account again how much you can put into each subject as you don't want to neglect any).
See how you go in Year 11 and remember you can drop subjects if you get to Year 12 and its all too much you can drop a subject, you're better starting out with 'too many' subjects!
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP