Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:26 pm

Author Topic: Help with my concept?  (Read 3666 times)  Share 

maxoxo

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
Help with my concept?
« on: February 15, 2019, 08:14:05 am »
Hey! I do extension 2 and I'm doing a critical essay on the portrayal of Islam in western films after 9/11. To do so, I wanted to discuss both portrayals of Islamophobia and films that raise awareness about such xenophobic attitudes- However I can only seem to find the former. So far my possible texts include
Elite (positive)
Kingdom (2007) (negative)
New Muslim Cool (2009) (positive)
Rules of Engagement (2000) (negative)
London has fallen (negative)
Argo (Negative)

Does anyone have any other suggestions/ tips for progressing with my major work? I also have a viva voice coming up, which includes submission of the Journal. What should be in that?

Thank you, sorry for the long post

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
Re: Help with my concept?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 08:34:09 pm »
+1
Hey! I do extension 2 and I'm doing a critical essay on the portrayal of Islam in western films after 9/11. To do so, I wanted to discuss both portrayals of Islamophobia and films that raise awareness about such xenophobic attitudes- However I can only seem to find the former. So far my possible texts include
Elite (positive)
Kingdom (2007) (negative)
New Muslim Cool (2009) (positive)
Rules of Engagement (2000) (negative)
London has fallen (negative)
Argo (Negative)

Does anyone have any other suggestions/ tips for progressing with my major work? I also have a viva voice coming up, which includes submission of the Journal. What should be in that?

Thank you, sorry for the long post

Hey, maxoxo!
Welcome to the forums!

I had a look online, but I couldn't find anything. However, I believe, depending on the stance you're using in your essay, you can use the lack of positives as an advantage rather than a disadvantage. You could talk about how the lack of positives puts the portrayal of Islam in a negative light or something and that awareness should be raised and whatnot as there is a lack of portrayal in these notions.

Hope this helped!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}