Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:44:16 pm

Author Topic: Can anyone tell me which is better IT Apps or IT Software ?  (Read 5032 times)  Share 

huss48

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +40
Can anyone tell me which is better IT Apps or IT Software ?
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:42:57 pm »
+1

I'm trying to pick my subjects for yr 11 and don't know which one to pick

CAN ANYONE HELP?
Bachelor of Business (Accountancy) @ RMIT University
(COMPLETED IN 2014)

ell

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +18
Re: Can anyone tell me which is better IT Apps or IT Software ?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:00:01 am »
I do both. They basically contain the same content, except SD has more of a technical focus - you'll cover algorithms and go into more detail into networks in SD (in IT Apps, the study design states that all you need is an 'overview' of networks).

You also might want to consider the exam - IT Apps only has multiple choice and short-answer whereas Software has MC, short-answer and a case study.

If you like programming and other technical stuff, go for SD. If not, choose IT Apps, it's an easy subject to pick up in year 11 (but to be honest both subjects are which is I assume why you've chosen them :P).

tigerlivie

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Can anyone tell me which is better IT Apps or IT Software ?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 10:16:12 pm »
I am studying IT Apps 3/4 in year 11, and I find it... a breeze. The content is easy as long as you stay on top of it, and I'd highly recommend it for anyone who has a remote interest in databases/websites. U4O2 is a bit of a drainer, but the rest of the year is fun.

Regarding SD, I have many friends that have done it and find that fun too. The ones that succeed are those that spend their time making programs for fun and having a programming background makes it easier (even if it's just Python or Ruby) -- but that's not to say you need it.

They're not difficult subjects and the coursework is really fun. Try at least one! :)