Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:31:14 pm

Author Topic: yall inheritance halp!!  (Read 636 times)  Share 

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
yall inheritance halp!!
« on: February 07, 2019, 08:52:52 pm »
Hey Yall!!!
I have witnessed the beauty in the teachings of inheritance patterns and wanted to know how I and up with hazel eyes from a brown eyed dominant mother and a green eyed recessive father ( my dads dad had green eyes but his other siblings did not).

Komal:)
-KgkG-

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
Re: yall inheritance halp!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 08:59:19 pm »
+5
I'm not too familiar with the HSC Course, but I'm pretty sure that -- like the VCE course -- it is simplified. We use eye colour in high school because it's an easy concept to think about. In reality, eye colour is controlled by more than a few alleles (if a trait is controlled by more than one gene it is called polygenic). It goes beyond the HSC course

However, I asked my teacher this exact question years ago, and she sent me this :) luckily I was able to find it again haha. Again, though, this isn't relevant to the course, it's just purely for your own sake
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Kombmail

• Forum Obsessive
  • When you realise Kpop exists... the world is good.
  • Respect: -4
Re: yall inheritance halp!!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 09:09:14 pm »
I'm not too familiar with the HSC Course, but I'm pretty sure that -- like the VCE course -- it is simplified. We use eye colour in high school because it's an easy concept to think about. In reality, eye colour is controlled by more than a few alleles (if a trait is controlled by more than one gene it is called polygenic). It goes beyond the HSC course

However, I asked my teacher this exact question years ago, and she sent me this :) luckily I was able to find it again haha. Again, though, this isn't relevant to the course, it's just purely for your own sake

thankyou Calebark! this is amazing!
-KgkG-