Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 06:05:47 am

Author Topic: UMAT prep courses  (Read 30559 times)  Share 

mullums1

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Re: UMAT prep courses
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 11:41:43 pm »
Isn't Icarus a kinda... bad name... I mean historically? :/

Yep. Their owner was found doing something illegal, like breaching copyright laws.

Toothpaste

• pseudospastic
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Member #10
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 11:44:57 pm »
Isn't Icarus a kinda... bad name... I mean historically? :/
crash and burn ... no wait, burn and then crash into the sea

suits the company!

shinny

• VN MVP 2010
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +256
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 11:47:30 pm »

So Icarus college isn't worth it? On their site they say that they are endorsed by doctors.
Their feed back from students were also very endorsing..

Don't go to Icarus. Look here. I personally did MedEntry and found it definitely helped on Section 1 and particularly 3, but if you're looking for a budget way through UMAT practise, there are MANY viable alternatives to study for cheap/free.
MBBS (hons) - Monash University

YR11 '07: Biology 49
YR12 '08: Chemistry 47; Spesh 41; Methods 49; Business Management 50; English 43

ENTER: 99.70

pelliot

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: StCol.
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 05:38:23 pm »
I sat UMAT this year and did a prep course and found it prettyhelpful, i would have done soooo badly if i hadn't done the course! but if you are not interested in doing prep at least check out the info about the UMAT so you know a bit about what to expect in the test, theres some on ACER website and i found some really helpful stuff about the UMAT and interviews on <link removed>

Goodluck! :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:44:48 pm by shinny »

Yogabbagabba

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 08:42:19 pm »
Is anyone (from NSW) interested in trying out the Masterclass course from MEDSTART for their UMAT preparation? It's $595 for one year if we apply as a pair/group as opposed to $895 if you apply individually!

If you look at the link below, you'll realise that Medstart offers the same type of online resources as Medentry, plus an additional 5 practice exams, video solutions and (my favourite) 16 hours of personalised learning in classes of around 8.

Check out the group savings prices on their website. If you're interested, please message me so we can join together :)
https://medstart.com.au/umat-courses/ 

tori.g101

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 08:09:35 pm »
Hey :) With the introduction of UCAT, would you recommend during prep courses that have been made based of the UKCAT? Thank you for the advice! :)

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2018, 12:25:38 am »
+1
Hey :) With the introduction of UCAT, would you recommend during prep courses that have been made based of the UKCAT? Thank you for the advice! :)

UKCAT prep courses are likely to be far better than UMAT prep courses that have recently had to overhaul their entire program to fall in line with the new UCAT. While medentry and co will try to argue that they anticipated this change, the UKCAT is basically the same as the UCAT so their monopoly on prep resources is over and there are many better value options available now.
UAdel MBBS