Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:38:33 pm

Author Topic: Selective school test  (Read 1876 times)  Share 

Bob4$5

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Selective school test
« on: May 24, 2021, 08:31:42 pm »
+1
Hello
Im doing the selective school exam in one month and want to get into suzzane cory, I've done light studying in the past 3 months and was wondering if anyone had some tips to better prepare myself
Thanks

AMC for life

• Trendsetter
Re: Selective school test
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 09:03:49 pm »
Hello
Im doing the selective school exam in one month and want to get into suzzane cory, I've done light studying in the past 3 months and was wondering if anyone had some tips to better prepare myself
Thanks
What year level?

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 11:07:01 pm »
I'm in year 8 currently, trying to get a place into MHS. I just need tips to combat reading comprehension. Any help would be appreciated.

Weirdobtsarmy

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 11:13:57 pm »
I'm in year 8 currently, trying to get a place into MHS. I just need tips to combat reading comprehension. Any help would be appreciated.
hello!! I'm currently at a selective school (I wrote the test 2 yrs ago ) :)
for reading comprehension, I'd recommend (my opinion) quickly scanning the questions FIRST before reading the text. this really enables you to pin point the certain info you need, hence saving time. Look for the keywords mentioned in the question. I know the test is very soon but reading books really helps, but try to know when to use basic punctuation (colons, commas, semi-colans, talking marks etc...)
don't stress and good luck!!
feel free to PM me if you have any questions:)))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 11:28:36 pm by Weirdobtsarmy »

AnxiousInd

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 11:22:31 pm »
hello!! I'm currently ta selective school (I wrote the test 2 yrs ago ) :)
for reading comprehension, I'd recommend (my opinion) quickly scanning the questions FIRST before reading the text. this really enables you to pin point the certain info you need, hence saving time. Look for the keywords mentioned in the question. I know the test is very soon but reading books really helps, but try to know when to use basic punctuation (colons, commas, semi-colans, talking marks etc...)
don't stress and good luck!!
feel free to PM me if you have any questions:)))
Thank you soo much:)