Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 01:53:40 pm

Author Topic: Which essay is easiest?  (Read 2049 times)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
Which essay is easiest?
« on: October 15, 2020, 11:33:28 pm »
I’m curious to see what people say....which essay is easiest for you and why?

I personally find Comparative easier than text response and I don’t really think about how hard I find language analysis hehe, I guess I can’t write it in 50 minutes so it’s okay. The comparative ideas are easy because I really know my texts- the paragraphs just get so big! I have no idea what authorial intent is in my text response.

2. Maybe the questions should be is text response or comparative harder for you?

3. And what do you think the state in general struggles with the most. And why? Maybe I’m silly to struggle so much with TR when people brag about getting by on no reading!

Oops I lied this is actually 3 questions rolled into a blob. :P
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
Re: Which essay is easiest?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 09:33:47 am »
I’m curious to see what people say....which essay is easiest for you and why?

I personally find Comparative easier than text response and I don’t really think about how hard I find language analysis hehe, I guess I can’t write it in 50 minutes so it’s okay. The comparative ideas are easy because I really know my texts- the paragraphs just get so big! I have no idea what authorial intent is in my text response.

2. Maybe the questions should be is text response or comparative harder for you?

3. And what do you think the state in general struggles with the most. And why? Maybe I’m silly to struggle so much with TR when people brag about getting by on no reading!

Oops I lied this is actually 3 questions rolled into a blob. :P
For me, it depends on the question. Some I have genuine fun formulating/writing, just 'cause they're great questions, but some it's just a slog...
I've had a lot more practise writing the comparative, so in some ways I'm more confident with writing it, but then the text response I know the book inside out, so it kind of balances...
No idea what the state as a whole struggles at. Seems I've heard more about struggling with comparative, though.
AA is the hardest for me, as a whole, though. I don't feel I know why I get, say, 8/10 one time and 9/10 the next. What did I do differently??! (Same to a lesser extent with the other two, though. What is lifting my mark by 10%?!)
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.