Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:25:25 am

Author Topic: not sure what I'm doing after year 12! (hopefully a good ATAR)  (Read 3700 times)

kmull78

• Fresh Poster
  • bruh
  • Respect: +1
+6
Every day feels like I have something due! kind of over it and I'm not even in year 12 which is scary. On another note, I got my math results yesterday (60.8% / 9 out of 15) and I passed so I'm feeling alright today.

my current subjects are:
- General English
- General Math
- Psychology
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Marine Aquatics
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 09:27:34 am by kmull78 »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: not sure what I'm doing after year 12! (hopefully a good ATAR)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 09:37:02 am »
Welcome to ATAR Notes, kmull78! :) Nice work on the maths results.

Interesting subject mix. What's your favourite subject so far? What's Marine Aquatics like?

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 10:14:09 am »
+1
Welcome to ATARnotes! :)

Yes! Someone studying a marine subject! :)

At least it's not too long until holidays - hopefully as you get more used to the system it's easier to cope with the stressful workload. Still kinda sucks not having much time though, no doubt about that.

Do you have an idea of what you want to do after year 12?

kmull78

• Fresh Poster
  • bruh
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 09:54:19 am »
+2
Hi Joseph and Bri!

I don't really have a favourite subject but as for marine it is my only applied subject and is fun, we're currently learning about shipwrecks. Furthermore, I'm used to the ATAR system but it's just overall draining and definitely short for time. I have absolutely no clue what to do in university when I finish year 12 but I'm very compassionate and love animals, I looked into the veterinary science courses but they're very prestigious. Moreover, I have looked into forensic science courses but am just unsure about what to do! 
Thank you both for being so friendly!

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 11:53:19 am »
+1
Hi Joseph and Bri!

I don't really have a favourite subject but as for marine it is my only applied subject and is fun, we're currently learning about shipwrecks. Furthermore, I'm used to the ATAR system but it's just overall draining and definitely short for time. I have absolutely no clue what to do in university when I finish year 12 but I'm very compassionate and love animals, I looked into the veterinary science courses but they're very prestigious. Moreover, I have looked into forensic science courses but am just unsure about what to do! 
Thank you both for being so friendly!

No worries at all! Glad to hear that marine is fun :)

Hmmm... in terms of animal related careers you could go for things like park ranger, tour guide, zoologist, zookeeper, animal agriculture, environmental consulting, conservation biologist, environmental policy (e.g. working for govt.)....   The good news is that you don't have to decide now & doing something like a general science degree (majoring in bio of some sort) would keep lots of these options open. Lots of people still don't know what they want to do even in uni & in some ways that's good because it keeps options open :)

Being a vet would be tough and generally isn't great mental health wise so unless you're passionate about it imo probably don't go for it.

I'm currently studying ecology and conservation biology at uni so if you have questions about that definitely feel free to ask :)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 05:43:31 pm »
Hey kmull78!
A forensic science course- how cool! I'm doing a subject called forensics and the criminal mind at the minute and really enjoying it! What interests you about it?