Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:55:08 pm

Author Topic: Extension science  (Read 5858 times)

Nataliez

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Extension science
« on: November 30, 2018, 10:35:10 am »
Hey what are the predictions for how high scaling this subject will be . And how do I maximise my overall ranking

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Re: Extension science
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 12:29:05 pm »
+4
Hey what are the predictions for how high scaling this subject will be . And how do I maximise my overall ranking

Hi Natalie...

Since extension science has only just been introduced to the HSC as a subject, it is a bit difficult to predict how well it "scales". That being said, scaling is associated with the quality of the candidature of the course. So you might be able to get a bit of an idea by looking around your class, and comparing the types of the students there to the types of students in known high-scaling subjects, such as STEM and other extension subjects.

Also, I'm not really that familiar with the subject, but generally with extension courses, scaling is slightly higher for them than the original subject. E.g. extension 1 & 2 maths scales higher than 2U maths. However, this is not guaranteed, especially since we have no data to work with.  :)

As for maximising your ranking, as with any science subject, working consistently throughout the year, rather than just putting the effort in during exam periods, will definitely be beneficial. For your Scientific Research Report, get started on it early. Do plenty of research so that the topic you pick will not limit your success in any way. Develop an easy way of measuring and recording data so that this can be easily accessed at a later time.

Hope this is helpful.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD