Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:06 pm

Author Topic: help (subjects for 2020)  (Read 468 times)  Share 

Lily :)

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
help (subjects for 2020)
« on: December 13, 2019, 09:57:52 pm »
Hi,
So I am entering year 12 next year, and I need to finalise my subjects. This year I did English, biology, chemistry, methods, HHD and theatre studies 3&4. Basically, my biggest question is if I should do chemistry or not? For unit one, my average was 72%, and my average for unit two was 61% - which is not too great. Would I be able to achieve a better study score if I did psychology instead? Also if I were to do chemistry, would I be better off doing further instead of methods? For unit 1 of methods, I averaged 60% and for unit 2 I averaged 74%
I am aware that these questions are pretty heavily loaded, but I am just really lost and need some help in deciding. I am interested in the medical field, but I am not too sure whether that is within nursing, paramedicine, etc. Any advice or input would be much appreciated :)
Thanks

marble2

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
Re: help (subjects for 2020)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 10:06:31 pm »
+1
hey lilly, this is just my personal opinion but if you’re interested in medicine, methods and chemistry opens a lot more doors and opportunities! if you knuckle down hard enough, I’m definitely sure that you can improve your marks. it’s all up to you though :)
Hi,
So I am entering year 12 next year, and I need to finalise my subjects. This year I did English, biology, chemistry, methods, HHD and theatre studies 3&4. Basically, my biggest question is if I should do chemistry or not? For unit one, my average was 72%, and my average for unit two was 61% - which is not too great. Would I be able to achieve a better study score if I did psychology instead? Also if I were to do chemistry, would I be better off doing further instead of methods? For unit 1 of methods, I averaged 60% and for unit 2 I averaged 74%
I am aware that these questions are pretty heavily loaded, but I am just really lost and need some help in deciding. I am interested in the medical field, but I am not too sure whether that is within nursing, paramedicine, etc. Any advice or input would be much appreciated :)
Thanks
2020: Philosophy
2021: English | Literature | Biology
2022: Mathematical Methods | Psychology | Chemistry

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: help (subjects for 2020)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 09:41:47 am »
Hey lily :)

welcome to the forums!

Honestly, those marks don't look too bad to me from a year 11 standpoint. Year 11 chem and methods through a lot of people & the marks you received certainly seem recoverable to me. You might be able to get a better study score in pscyh but I would focus more on what you enjoy, what is likely to be relevant as a prerequesite, and what you find interesting. If you pick a subject solely to be easier to score highly in - which is subjective and counteracted by scaling - then imo you're going to find it harder to cope with hurdles you face in learning along the way and find it harder to stay motivated.

In the end it's 100% your call and if your gut says one thing then I'd strongly consider following it but if I was in your position I would stick with methods and chemistry to keep more options open for the future,

Btw, I've deleted your duplicate post of this in chemistry as duplicate posting is against forum rules. You're not in trouble or anything, but please avoid posting the same thing multiple times in future

Best of luck for making your decision!