Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:29:44 am

Author Topic: VCE HHD Question Thread!  (Read 261423 times)  Share 

afnan900

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE HHD Question Thread!
« Reply #810 on: July 24, 2019, 04:19:13 pm »
Hi all,
I have a SAC tomorrow on one half of Unit 4, AOS 1, and I am currently completing a practice sac & have become stuck on a question;

Discuss the importance of economic sustainability in the promotion of health and well-being in a global context.

I understand the concept of economic sustainability, but only at a personal and national level, hence not a global context. How would I link a certain component of economic sustainability - such as increasing incomes- to the improvement of health and well-being on a global scale?

cdel

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #811 on: July 24, 2019, 07:41:26 pm »
+2
When it says global context all you need to do is use words such as 'worldwide', 'globally' or 'in a global context' and try to avoid using the word indivdual (eg "this affects individuals physical health and wellbeing"), instead use "this effects peoples physical health and wellbeing".

An example is:
Economic sustainability relates to the capacity of future generations to earn an income and the efficient use of resources to allow economic growth over time. It includes ensuring people have jobs in order to earn an income allowing resources such as food, water and healthcare to be purchased. This reduces stress of being able to afford these items, promoting mental health and wellbeing around the world. By receiving income that can be used for nutritious foods, people are less likely to develop CVD or diabetes further promoting physical health and wellbeing worldwide

Obviously you could use much more detail but the point is you use the same links to health and wellbeing as you would when describing how it effects individuations, just include the words globally or worldwide after each point

afnan900

• Adventurer
« Reply #812 on: August 13, 2019, 08:19:17 pm »
Hi guys,
Just seeking help regarding a question that I'm stuck on currently:
Explain the difference between sex, sexual orientation and gender identity as a basis for discrimination.
Thanks! :)

chiarra

• Adventurer
« Reply #813 on: August 26, 2019, 02:46:12 pm »
Hi all!!
i have a question on the rationale and objectives of the UN's SDGs.
I'm really confused at what we are meant to know about this

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #814 on: August 26, 2019, 03:57:52 pm »
Hi all!!
i have a question on the rationale and objectives of the UN's SDGs.
I'm really confused at what we are meant to know about this

Hey Chiara,
So basically,  SDG rationales relate to the reasons why the SDG's were developed•

-To develop a new set of goals and targets to replace the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) that finished in 2015.
-Progress was uneven-despite progress there was still work to be done to ensure that the poorest and most disadvantage had access to improved health and wellbeing and human development
-New changes have emerged including impact of conflict and extremism (belief in and support for ideas that are very far from what most people consider correct or reasonable) which could undermine progress made by MDG’s

The objectives of SDG's refers to what they wish to achieve•   
-End extreme poverty
-Fight inequality and injustice
-Address climate change

Hope this helps :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:59:34 pm by ChiaraS »

chiarra

• Adventurer
« Reply #815 on: August 28, 2019, 10:28:56 am »

thankyou! this helped a lot!

chiarra

• Adventurer
« Reply #816 on: August 28, 2019, 10:35:41 am »
Hi again!
I've got multiple resources for HHD but they all have different key features of SDG 3 (key knowledge on study design), and I'm not too sure which one is the correct key features?

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
« Reply #817 on: August 30, 2019, 09:52:16 am »
Hi again!
I've got multiple resources for HHD but they all have different key features of SDG 3 (key knowledge on study design), and I'm not too sure which one is the correct key features?

Hey,
The three main features to focus on are
-Maternal and child health and wellbeing
-Communicable diseases
-Non-communicable diseases

afnan900

• Adventurer
« Reply #818 on: August 31, 2019, 12:58:24 pm »
Hi guys,
When talking about digital technologies, can I discuss social media and its benefits in spreading health knowledge?

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
« Reply #819 on: August 31, 2019, 02:56:13 pm »
+1
Hi guys,
When talking about digital technologies, can I discuss social media and its benefits in spreading health knowledge?

Hey,
Absolutely- however you must be specific
-Social media can be used as a platform for health promotion programs- e.g. cancer council have sponsored advertisments on instagram
-Health warning can be eaily spread on social media
-Health specfic pages- act as e-health hence anyone from any geographical location can acess
Hope this answers your question :)

afnan900

• Adventurer
« Reply #820 on: September 01, 2019, 01:55:01 pm »
Hey,
Absolutely- however you must be specific
-Social media can be used as a platform for health promotion programs- e.g. cancer council have sponsored advertisments on instagram
-Health warning can be eaily spread on social media
-Health specfic pages- act as e-health hence anyone from any geographical location can acess
Hope this answers your question :)
Thank you so much! I have another question though. When discussing SDG 3 and it's relationship with the other SDGs, do I only discuss the key features/ health status factors (maternal/child mortality..) or can I also discuss physical/mental health?

ChiaraS

• Trailblazer
« Reply #821 on: September 01, 2019, 09:34:25 pm »
Thank you so much! I have another question though. When discussing SDG 3 and it's relationship with the other SDGs, do I only discuss the key features/ health status factors (maternal/child mortality..) or can I also discuss physical/mental health?

Hey,
When discussing relationships between all the SDGs and SDG 3 always relate to the key feature; maternal and child health, communicable and non-communicable.
You can discuss physical and mental health- but only inrelation to maternal health and children.

jacquii02

• Adventurer
« Reply #822 on: September 04, 2019, 08:18:11 pm »
Could someone please explain to me 'the role of Australia's health system in promoting health: funding and sustainability"?? (unit 3) what kind of information do I need to know for this point?
Thanks!

afnan900

• Adventurer
« Reply #823 on: September 07, 2019, 03:33:37 pm »
+1
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding the SDGs. In the study design, the key knowledge dot-point highlights that we need to know the relationship between SDG 3 and the others as well as the collaborations between the health sector, however, it doesn't specify if we need to know targets of the SDGs or why the SDG is important, but it is in my textbook and other summary notes I've looked at. Is it hence necessary to know the targets/aims as well as the importance of the SDGs or not? Also, do I need to know all key features of SDG 3 or only a few?

YussifK

• Trendsetter
« Reply #824 on: October 06, 2019, 08:29:32 pm »
Yoooooo, what study scores did you all get for HHD and what where your sac averages...
English:( )
Methods( )
Biology ( )
P.E ( )
Lab skills( )