Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:13:39 am

Author Topic: Using Major Work for AOS  (Read 1384 times)  Share 

angela23

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Using Major Work for AOS
« on: October 01, 2018, 01:58:24 pm »
Hey, I was wondering if there was anything prohibiting us from using parts of our E2 major work (if we did a short story) as an AOS creative. Obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same because you'd have to adapt it to the stimulus and add some explicit discoveries, plus it would be four thousand words less. But would recycling the the basic premise and characters and some descriptive paragraphs be okay? I'm just not sure if there are any rules and regulations about using essentially the same story twice.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Using Major Work for AOS
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:16:23 am »
Hey, I was wondering if there was anything prohibiting us from using parts of our E2 major work (if we did a short story) as an AOS creative. Obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same because you'd have to adapt it to the stimulus and add some explicit discoveries, plus it would be four thousand words less. But would recycling the the basic premise and characters and some descriptive paragraphs be okay? I'm just not sure if there are any rules and regulations about using essentially the same story twice.

Hey, angela23!

I don't think there is a rule prohibiting it and if you change most of it up, it would only be a problem if you coincidentally had the same marker  :o That would be highly unlikely though so I think you can do it. It will also be something you're familiar with and comfortable to work with since it's really a year's worth of work. I say go for it unless you're discouraged by your teachers. Flick them an email and just check out what they think  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

Jasmine Xie

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Using Major Work for AOS
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 02:55:03 pm »
+1
its totally fine, attended some atar notes lecture and the person used a part of their ext for their creative.
2018 HSC - English Advanced | English Ext 1 | English Ext 2 | Economics | Visual Arts | Multimedia | Chinese In Context |
ATAR Goal 90
Final ATAR 2018 - 91.60