Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 10:07:39 pm

Author Topic: YW Showcase?  (Read 1841 times)  Share 

portia1605

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
YW Showcase?
« on: October 24, 2017, 11:11:13 pm »
Hi all

When do selections come out for YW Showcase? Have they already been done?

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: YW Showcase?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 11:15:35 pm »
+1
Hi all

When do selections come out for YW Showcase? Have they already been done?

Hey! I didn't do EE2, but my friend got into showcase in 2016, and she only found out a few months ago! They really take their time with it aha
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 11:16:20 am »
Is it true only 50s are involved? Or do they also include particularly unique works as I have also heard? Because not too sure if I'll be able to grab the 50 but mine was veeerrrryyyyyyy unique :P
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 11:21:40 am »
Is it true only 50s are involved? Or do they also include particularly unique works as I have also heard? Because not too sure if I'll be able to grab the 50 but mine was veeerrrryyyyyyy unique :P
As far as I'm aware, my friends wasn't a 50 (I'm not 100% sure). However, my friends work was spoken word poetry, which is a bit more "out there" as far as I know. I think its quite similar to Drama/Art/Music showcases, where they have certain quotas to fill. So they'll need some short stories, some poetry, some films etc. etc., and they'll also need a diverse range of school backgrounds (not 100% sure about this one, but I know that this definitely true from OnStage), eg. private school, public school, selective school, rural school, etc. etc. :)

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 11:40:50 am »
As far as I'm aware, my friends wasn't a 50 (I'm not 100% sure). However, my friends work was spoken word poetry, which is a bit more "out there" as far as I know. I think its quite similar to Drama/Art/Music showcases, where they have certain quotas to fill. So they'll need some short stories, some poetry, some films etc. etc., and they'll also need a diverse range of school backgrounds (not 100% sure about this one, but I know that this definitely true from OnStage), eg. private school, public school, selective school, rural school, etc. etc. :)

Ohh I see! I know you didn't do english extension 2, but would you know how many people do get chosen for YW showcase?
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 12:19:43 pm »
Ohh I see! I know you didn't do english extension 2, but would you know how many people do get chosen for YW showcase?
I don't know unfortunately :(