Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:52:54 am

Author Topic: .  (Read 2051 times)  Share 

Justaman

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« on: February 13, 2022, 04:27:07 pm »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 10:07:25 pm by Justaman »

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Tips for a first year Biomed student two weeks before semester 1?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 06:13:46 pm »
+1
I am a first year biomedical science student looking to get ahead. I am interested to know your recommendations for getting ready for semester 1. Like, would you recommend I read/study something in particular ahead of time, before the semester begins? And I am also excited to read your general advice on how to excel in this semester. Personally, I have taken VCE chemistry and biology, but I have no genuine background in physics. So, would it be a good idea to brush up on some physics skills using specific websites/books?
You will probably be fine without doing too much study during your holidays. The subjects have quite a bit of content but it is definitely manageable during the time you have during the semester so you don't have to be studying during the holidays.

With the physics unit they assume very little so it is definitely doable without previous physics knowledge.

If you feel like you really need to study during the holidays maybe look over cellular biology, biochemistry and biological physics.