Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:22:06 am

Author Topic: CAS calculator  (Read 7168 times)  Share 

TheRajinator

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School: RHS
  • School Grad Year: 2012
CAS calculator
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:43:32 pm »
I plan on doing engineering and was wondering if I should sell my Ti-nspire CAS. Will the calc be useful for next year or should I sell it? Thanks
Atar 2012: 96.25

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
Re: CAS calculator
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 09:11:20 pm »
I plan on doing engineering and was wondering if I should sell my Ti-nspire CAS. Will the calc be useful for next year or should I sell it? Thanks

A scientific is all you will probably need, that's what my brother uses for engineering :)
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

TheRajinator

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 09:19:43 pm »

A scientific is all you will probably need, that's what my brother uses for engineering :)

Really only a scientific? wow lol I would have thought the CAS would be really useful for engineering...okay I will think about selling it

b^3

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Overloading, just don't do it.
  • School: Western Suburbs Area
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 09:21:13 pm »
Yeh you'll only need a scientific, and when it comes to math exams, most of them are calc free anyway, although the other eng subjects will be scientific only. BUT with that being said, I still use my ti-nspire at home, to check things and such, as somestimes you don't have the time to do things by hand when you don't need to show it, so it still comes in handy to check over things.

So yeh, it you want to it might be a good idea to keep it, but its not essential.

EDIT: You starting using software and such that you might have used the calc for instead, like matlab and such...
2012-2016: Aerospace Engineering/Science (Double Major in Applied Mathematics - Monash Uni)
TI-NSPIRE GUIDES: METH, SPESH

Co-Authored AtarNotes' Maths Study Guides

I'm starting to get too old for this... May be on here or irc from time to time.

TheRajinator

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 09:51:45 pm »
hmmm...I think i'll keep it, It might prove to be useful considering it's programmable