Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:45:21 am

Author Topic: Post-Graduate University Transfer?  (Read 1137 times)  Share 

lyoko

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +51
  • School Grad Year: 2017
Post-Graduate University Transfer?
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:54:15 pm »
+1
Hi AN Community,

Firstly. I'm not quite sure if I am posting this in the right forum but if it isn't could someone please make the amendments for me?

Secondly, I recently discovered that my planned post-graduate course 'Master of Applied Science (Sonography)' at RMIT got scrapped. This now means that  my whole RMIT undergraduate course to RMIT post-graduate course just got thrown off the Golden Gate Bridge.

I was wondering if this is the scenario which I am facing; is it recommended that I go with a Monash undergraduate course instead as the it would be easier to apply for the Monash post-graduate course as it is all within one institution or would it still be okay if I transfer from one institution to another? I.e, complete my undergraduate course at RMIT then go for my post-graduate course at Monash.

I would love to hear any advice which you guys may have for me, especially from those who has completed an undergraduate course and has transfer to another university for their post-graduate course.

Thank-you very much in advance

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Post-Graduate University Transfer?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 10:05:53 pm »
+2
Hey Lyoko! That's the same issue I'm facing but I already know the answer to it. I'm considering doing my Honours year at another institution if Monash doesn't accept my (rather average) grades.

You have to have the equivalent marks in the uni you intend to transfer into, eg Monash in your scenario, and then just get accepted to the uni by application like everyone else. It doesn't matter where you come from as long as you get the marks or skills (some give leniency to those with skills/ experience) you need for the degree. I would advise you do the research and call the necessary people; that's what I'm doing. Ask about course transfer marks and Masters degrees. Hope that helps!
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread