Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 05:49:38 pm

Author Topic: Overseas during the application  (Read 827 times)  Share 

Guideme

• Forum Regular
  • Help me get the ATAR i want! :)
  • Respect: 0
Overseas during the application
« on: June 29, 2017, 10:16:39 pm »
Hi everyone this is a question regarding the VTAC course preferences
My family is going overseas right after and wont be coming back to Australia until January. However, today my sibling received a notice from school regarding the important dates for VTAC course preferences. In this notice, the applications for changes of preferences closes at Wednesday 20 December and my family would still be overseas. As a result, my parents are worried as we cannot refund our tickets and wondering if we could change preferences online.

Thank you
:0 :)

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +86
Re: Overseas during the application
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 10:09:42 am »
+2
Not entirely sure, but as long as you have internet access, your login details, and are able to get onto the VTAC website, you should be able to do it from anywhere. The only trouble is having to keep track of the time zone. I'd recommend cross checking the time zone of where you're going to the time zone here so you know what times you need to be getting things done overseas.

I would contact your careers counsellor or someone similar at your school to talk about it!
2017~2020 (Monash) | BA, BA(Hons)Psy
2021~ | job! - AN hiatus, it's been fun here (:

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
Re: Overseas during the application
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 10:33:09 am »
+3
Also, change of preferences isn't really necessary at all. It's there in case you change your mind between putting in your preferences before your exams (remember: you have to put in your course preferences before the 29th of September!) and getting your ATAR. Unless your sibling changes their mind during your holidays, there shouldn't be any need to log-on during change of preferences, anyway. ;)