Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 03:34:10 pm

Author Topic: How many rounds of offers are there in total?  (Read 1006 times)  Share 

peanut

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
How many rounds of offers are there in total?
« on: May 30, 2017, 08:06:14 pm »
How many rounds of offers are there in total? On the VTAC website, there says there's 2 + supplementary offers. What are supplementary offers? Also, what are the chances of getting a round two offer for a course, given that you exceed the clearly-in ATAR in round one (and are hoping to get two course offers)?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:08:04 pm by peanut »

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: How many rounds of offers are there in total?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:09:07 pm »
For mid-year or in the January/February period?

I think there were around 5 rounds earlier in the year?

From what I gather on the VTAC key dates section: mid-year is the one that only has two rounds. January/February tend to have alot more applicants than mid year, hence why there are more rounds and potential course offering.

Quote from: peanut
Also, what are the chances of getting a round two offer for a course, given that you exceed the clearly-in ATAR in round one (and are hoping to get two course offers)?
Majority of offers are made at round 1 - and this significantly decreases in consecutive rounds. When I applied through VTAC - I was very lucky to get my 2nd round offer. Ideally you should be aiming for your most wanted preference in round 1... because there are no guarantees you will get an offer at round 2 or any round after that.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:18:42 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile