Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:36:42 am

Author Topic: What is your favourite "don't tell mum/dad" story?  (Read 6343 times)  Share 

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
  • The key to success, is failure.
  • Respect: +139
What is your favourite "don't tell mum/dad" story?
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:01:10 pm »
+4
So, as the question says, what's been your favourite "don't tell mum/dad" story?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: What is your favourite "don't tell mum/dad" story?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 09:07:25 pm »
+2
You first. ;)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:09:56 pm »
+3
I'm sorry, I can't tell you. Don't want the word getting to them ;)
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:13:38 pm »
+2
You first. ;)
I seriously can't remember anything. I have a pretty shit long-term memory lol. :P

*Trying really hard to remember!* - If I recall something, I'll defs post it.
I'm sorry, I can't tell you. Don't want the word getting to them ;)
Fair enough haha. :P

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 09:21:23 pm »
+12
i became a moderator on atarnotes and told my friend not to tell my parents because they would think it would distract me from school (this is year 12) but he told my dad anyway who now checks atarnotes to see what im up to lol

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 09:23:01 pm »
+3
i became a moderator on atarnotes and told my friend not to tell my parents because they would think it would distract me from school (this is year 12) but he told my dad anyway who now checks atarnotes to see what im up to lol

Is this actually legit, Spec?

dankfrank420

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 09:31:59 pm »
+10

I got a funny story about how people at my school found my account, and it's a humblebrag but w/e.

Anyways in year 12 I put a few context pieces up on the English board for peer assessment. Someone from my class found it (without knowing it was I who posted it), gave it to the teacher and said "how can I write like this?". He said "hey wait a minute, isn't this your piece anon?" He showed it to me, and I asked where the girl had found it. She said from Atarnotes, so then yeah everyone simultaneously found out my AN account in English class. Funny stuff.

Returning to the OP, can't really say because like Spec my parents too know my account LOL.

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 09:34:13 pm »
+7
Haha whenever I have AN open and my parents walk past, they see the 'ATARNotes' thingo on the top left, and always say something like "he's always looking at stuff about his ATAR". Makes me laugh and I have to explain to them several times what I'm actually doing. :D

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 09:38:05 pm »
+12
Is this actually legit, Spec?
yeah. my dad is a bit of a computer nerd and he is a moderator on other forums that he frequents alot. you would be surprised how many 40-60 year old australian men are active on different forums for different interest groups (cars/computer stuff/clothing (for younger people)/etc.) its actually a pretty popular thing. i was absolutely mortified and shocked when i found out though, i thought forums were a super edgy thing for <20 year olds and then my world exploded when i learnt how many different people use them. anyway he had a huge "thats my son" moment when i got modded and he was really proud of me for being a mod LOL i dont think he checks atarnotes anymore because its so irrelevant to him and he hasnt said anything to me in well over a year about it, but when i first got modded and the forums were super active he definitely saw a couple of threads i started and mentioned it to me LMFAO

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 09:40:58 pm »
+7
^My favourite story ever posted on AN.

Outstanding.

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 09:47:37 pm »
+7
Alright I remember a really short and minor story. I was quite young and my parents had told me not to watch a specific movie while they were at work. It was some movie that wasn't really suitable for the younger ones. Me being my young self, was really curious and began watching. My brother was also with me and he knew we weren't allowed to watch it, and I told him not to tell my parents. He, of course, dobbed me in. I tried to cover myself and said, "he's only saying that because I didn't let him play on the computer". :P

Isn't a major story but a story nonetheless haha.

Calebark

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 09:54:09 pm »
+11
Ooh, I have one! But it's 'don't tell dad' for different reasons

I don't know if anyone here remembers those gooey fake bugs you could throw against stuff where it'd stick, but I had some of those. Right before my father went to bed, I went into his room, and threw a bunch of them against the ceiling, right above where he'd sleep. My sister saw me coming out of his room, so I told her 'don't tell Dad'.

Annnyyyywwaaaayyy, as planned, those fake bugs fell off the ceiling during the night and landed on his face. I was not a good child. I got punished for it, but damn, so worth it to young-Calebark

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 09:56:03 pm »
+1
Ooh, I have one! But it's 'don't tell dad' for different reasons

I don't know if anyone here remembers those gooey fake bugs you could throw against stuff where it'd stick, but I had some of those. Right before my father went to bed, I went into his room, and threw a bunch of them against the ceiling, right above where he'd sleep. My sister saw me coming out of his room, so I told her 'don't tell Dad'.

Annnyyyywwaaaayyy, as planned, those fake bugs fell off the ceiling during the night and landed on his face. I was not a good child. I got punished for it, but damn, so worth it to young-Calebark
Ohh I still remember winning them at the arcade places. They were awesome, but wore out so quickly.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 09:56:14 pm »
+10
Hahaha not even sure that my parents know what ATAR Notes is 8)

Hmmm...I feel like I have a few of these stories...probably mostly centred around breaking stuff...mugs...the glass turntables that go in microwaves...the list goes on.

Once, I lost the TV remote. I have a feeling that I accidentally chucked it in the bin? And tbh, there would have been absolutely no repercussions, but I didn't want to admit that it was my fault. So I joined in the game of "blame everyone for leaving the remote in hard to find places" hackey sack :P

Another time, I was playing soccer 2 hours away from home, and had carpooled with my teammates, so my parents weren't there to watch me. I got knocked out in a tackle (completely my fault), and taken to hospital in an ambulance with a spinal collar/neck brace thing on and the full works ::) I didn't want my parents to be called...my team played hot potato with the coaches phone to see who would have to phone my parents haha.

And another time, I was playing school soccer when I shouldn't have been. Had already injured my hip previously and should have been resting, ended up playing though because I was captain and I wanted to win lol. Now a good quality of mine is that in a game, I will give 110% and go in to every tackle hard. But I was playing against girls that didn't know how to tackle properly because they didn't actually play soccer, and in one particular tackle, my leg got caught under this girl, and I ended up having to get stretchered off lol. Spent at least 20 minutes convincing the head of the sport department (who was the coach) that he didn't need to call my mum, I was fine, I'd get up, walk it off, I'd even go back on and finish playing if he wanted me to haha.

A classic was in the days of MSN, back in primary school. My parents were kinda strict about that stuff at the time, but like, stuff that, right? So my brother and I both had MSN accounts, which we both found out about. Agreed to never mention a word of it to our parents. But unfortunately, one day we had had an argument, and the little snitch dobbed me in. So the agreement went down the drain and I also dobbed him in, and claimed that if he didn't get in trouble either, my parents had a serious set of double standards, and I would leave the family and go live with my best friend lol.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:01:44 pm by K888 »

Calebark

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 09:59:23 pm »
+6
Hahaha not even sure that my parents know what ATAR Notes is 8)

Hmmm...I feel like I have a few of these stories...probably mostly centred around breaking stuff...mugs...the glass turntables that go in microwaves...the list goes on.

Once, I lost the TV remote. I have a feeling that I accidentally chucked it in the bin? And tbh, there would have been absolutely no repercussions, but I didn't want to admit that it was my fault. So I joined in the game of "blame everyone for leaving the remote in hard to find places" hackey sack :P

Another time, I was playing soccer 2 hours away from home, and had carpooled with my teammates, so my parents weren't there to watch me. I got knocked out in a tackle (completely my fault), and taken to hospital in an ambulance with a spinal collar on and the full works ::) I didn't want my parents to be called...my team played hot potato with the coaches phone to see who would have to phone my parents haha.

And another time, I was playing school soccer when I shouldn't have been. Had already injured my hip previously and should have been resting, ended up playing though because I was captain and I wanted to win lol. Now a good quality of mine is that in a game, I will give 110% and go in to every tackle hard. But I was playing against girls that didn't know how to tackle properly because they didn't actually play soccer, and in one particular tackle, my leg got caught under this girl, and I ended up having to get stretchered off lol. Spent at least 20 minutes convincing the head of the sport department (who was the coach) that he didn't need to call my mum, I was fine, I'd get up, walk it off, I'd even go back on and finish playing if he wanted me to haha.

A classic was in the days of MSN, back in primary school. My parents were kinda strict about that stuff at the time, but like, stuff that, right? So my brother and I both had MSN accounts, which we both found out about. Agreed to never mention a word of it to our parents. But unfortunately, one day we had had an argument, and the little snitch dobbed me in. So the agreement went down the drain and I also dobbed him in, and claimed that if he didn't get in trouble either, my parents had a serious set of double standards, and I would leave the family and go live with my best friend lol.

You're a very 'go hard or go home' person, aren't you?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:09:26 pm by Calebark »