Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:47:54 am

Author Topic: Things that shit me  (Read 334041 times)  Share 

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
Re: Things that shit me
« Reply #1350 on: November 13, 2019, 09:13:59 am »
+9
The difficulty of living as a woman, and talking to men about mysogyny. I very recently had a man laugh at me when I told him about my experience of being stalked; how are we meant to stay safe if people around us brush off threats as your own paranoia? It's ridiculous.
Also:
> getting called 'little lady', 'darling', 'sweetheart' by men a little older than me to middle age, particularly when I'm mad. I'm 5'8", that's not little.
> getting stared at to the point where a man will turn around to get a better look, and then wait outside a store you've gone into to see you come out
> having someone rub up against you on public transport on purpose and feeling as if you can't say anything because you have to be polite
> getting brushed off when you have a valid point. Getting paid a lower wage for your position than you should be. Being told to 'go back to the kitchen' because that's funny, apparently.

It's absolute horseshit. And it shits me.

That is disgusting. I am so sorry we have to go through this. We are strong though, and voicing our opinion like you did, is a step closer to a better world. At least I hope it is.

❤️
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

smallbean

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #1351 on: November 13, 2019, 10:12:46 am »
+6
When you are completing a VCE exam and the supervisor says there's "5 minutes to go", giving you a mini heart attack because you still have a 6 marker left to do.
~Class of 2019~
2018: Chinese {SL}

2019: English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, History Revolutions

2021-2023: Bachelor of Arts @Melb Uni

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #1352 on: November 13, 2019, 10:20:46 am »
+1
When you are completing a VCE exam and the supervisor says there's "5 minutes to go", giving you a mini heart attack because you still have a 6 marker left to do.

Did you get through it? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Sare-Bear

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Re: Minor things that annoy you in day-to-day life
« Reply #1353 on: November 13, 2019, 01:39:49 pm »
not sure if this is really a life thing, but if i'm writing essays etc for sacs, it annoys me a ridiculous amount to have to continue a sentence on a new page :( it looks so incomplete?? sometimes i edit my sentence around just to make it fit nicely within the page margins oops.

THIS. are we all just fast people on here or?? haha

I relate to both of these!  I'm not quite OCD to the point that I change my sentence but it really annoys me.  And we're not fast, everyone else is just slow.  At least we can always compete in speed walking if University doesn't work out!  ;D
Yours sincerely,
Sare-Bear 🐨

smallbean

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #1354 on: November 17, 2019, 10:22:19 am »
+1
Did you get through it? :)

Thankfully, I got through it and finished at the last second.  :)
~Class of 2019~
2018: Chinese {SL}

2019: English, Maths Methods, Chemistry, Legal Studies, History Revolutions

2021-2023: Bachelor of Arts @Melb Uni

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #1355 on: November 21, 2019, 01:55:29 pm »
+3
Hiccups :(
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #1356 on: November 21, 2019, 07:50:04 pm »
+9
I relate to both of these!  I'm not quite OCD to the point that I change my sentence but it really annoys me.  And we're not fast, everyone else is just slow.  At least we can always compete in speed walking if University doesn't work out!  ;D

Hey,

a note here that although the term "OCD" is often thrown around to mean "pedantic", "meticulous" or "fussy" it really is a serious mental health disorder that can significantly impact peoples' lives & the casual trivialisation of it can make it harder for people with OCD to be taken seriously.

I highly doubt you would have meant any harm by using OCD in this sense but I'd ask you to refrain from that in future

Comet striker

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #1357 on: November 21, 2019, 11:20:52 pm »
+8
When you plug your phone to charge before going to sleep then wake up next morning to find out you didnt turn on the switch
Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier boy
Come marching home
Brave soldier boy
Comes marching home

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #1358 on: November 22, 2019, 12:53:00 am »
+5
By the time you get to get the 30th fire alarm in a year, surely you should have lost the right to call it an “emergency”

LoneWolf

• MOTM: March 20
  • Trendsetter
  • 2020!
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #1359 on: November 22, 2019, 06:24:41 am »
+5
SPILLING A WHOLE COFFEE ON YOUR BRAND NEW MATHS TEXTBOOK AND PROBABLY WILL HAVE TO FORK OUT A REPLACEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Business Studies
Economics
Modern History
English
Maths

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #1360 on: November 22, 2019, 11:52:05 pm »
+7
Why is uni soo stressfull :(

I came to Unsw hoping to have fun and study but all I've done is studying the whole year. Getting a 1 week break between trimesters isn't great either.

I didn't think Unsw would be this stressful, just the pressure of maintaining high grades is crushing because everyone around you is so smart :\

My friends at other unis have it so much easier, especially in terms of workload :(

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #1361 on: November 26, 2019, 08:43:53 pm »
+11
Lights that only turn green when there's cars waiting and don't recognise bikes....and bike paths that cross those same lights.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:01:50 pm by PhoenixxFire »

turinturambar

• Forum Obsessive
  • TÚRIN TURAMBAR DAGNIR GLAURUNGA
  • Respect: +184
« Reply #1362 on: November 26, 2019, 10:41:42 pm »
+8
By the time you get to get the 30th fire alarm in a year, surely you should have lost the right to call it an “emergency”

"We once again welcome you to your regularly scheduled emergency, at which we will read The Boy Who Cried Wolf to remind us that we can be better than those villagers and treat every claimed emergency as priority 1".
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – Neil Gaiman

therese07

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #1363 on: November 28, 2019, 08:41:09 pm »
+6
When you have to scan your opal card after arriving at a train station, and those “red stoppers”/gates open up and you have milliseconds to cross over that barrier. Didn’t bother me as much before, but after accidentally getting stabbed by both gates before not going instantly, they are now my biggest fears to get trapped in them before. Even when I scan my opal card, I can still feel the pain of being trapped by them again
2020: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Law @ Macquarie University

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #1364 on: November 28, 2019, 09:11:54 pm »
+1
When you have to scan your opal card after arriving at a train station, and those “red stoppers”/gates open up and you have milliseconds to cross over that barrier. Didn’t bother me as much before, but after accidentally getting stabbed by both gates before not going instantly, they are now my biggest fears to get trapped in them before. Even when I scan my opal card, I can still feel the pain of being trapped by them again
I've actually never been stabbed by it before but I always have this paranoia that I will and so I go through it so quickly lol.