Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:03 pm

Author Topic: Melbourne High School entrance exam  (Read 11431 times)  Share 

Arnav Shesham

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Westbourne Grammar School
Melbourne High School entrance exam
« on: November 07, 2012, 01:25:41 pm »
+1
Hello.

I'm trying out for Melbourne High next year. How smart do I need to be to get it? What type of questions will I get? What subjects do they mainly focus on? What do I need to know and study to get in?

Any other tips? Please help!

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: Melbourne High School entrance exam
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:38:09 pm »
+2
Hey Arnav! I graduated from MHS last year, and here's a post I made about admissions that might help :)

Re: how should i study for the melbourne high test???

Feel free to shoot me a PM with more questions :)

Abhi231

• Non-Student
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: SVC Tasmania
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 02:39:24 pm »
Hey guys I'm in grade eight and I'm also thinking of doing the upcoming Melbourne High Test I got an A in maths last year and a B in literacy and English for a base to work on is that smart enough please reply. Oh and I'm also doing Brainworks online tuition as I live in Tas and as well practice the writing tests and exam conditions but are my maths and English skills enough or should I extend the, more? ???

Please Reply

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:37:57 pm »
+1
The more practice, the better

IndefatigableLover

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • What kind of shoes do ninjas wear? Sneakers.
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 06:01:56 pm »
+5
Any other tips? Please help!
If there's any advice/tips I would give... have a good look at the thread on this board. You're bound to find information on the topics for selective school exams since most are the same (E.g Mac.Rob/MHS/JMSS [for maths]) ad it hasn't changed drastically over the years so to speak. so just have a look through there for nifty tips from previous members who have also been in your current situation.

I guess one thing I would stress really would be to have the right mindset for the exam. Not really tested in schools since well... it's not really applicable as such but if you know that you get nervous/anxious during pressure events (such as this)... you might want to start preparing yourself mentally for the exam. Don't let the MHS exam be a life/death situation. Don't put any unnecessary stress on you because you're thinking of it like that. If you think you can do the exam without any hiccups or are feeling slightly positive then you've already won half the battle (hypothetically speaking).

Good luck and to you both (Arnav & Abhi231 :)))