Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:34:14 pm

Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 664 times)

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Quick question
« on: October 17, 2018, 09:06:07 am »
If the creative question asked for a phrase to be used as the basis of your response, does that mean you have to explicitly write it somewhere in your creative? Also, how often should you tie it into the creative?
2018 HSC

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 09:16:03 am »
+3

If the creative question asked for a phrase to be used as the basis of your response, does that mean you have to explicitly write it somewhere in your creative? Also, how often should you tie it into the creative?

It doesn’t need to be literally written in there, but it should be reasonably clear that the plot/moral/concept of your story was taken from the phrase. The marker shouldn’t have to hunt for it.

I’ve always liked this rule - A marker with the stimulus should know immediately that you’ve used it, but a random person without knowledge of the stimulus should have no idea what the stimulus could have been, because it should be a natural element of the story

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
Re: Quick question
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 09:26:09 am »
+2
I’ve always liked this rule - A marker with the stimulus should know immediately that you’ve used it, but a random person without knowledge of the stimulus should have no idea what the stimulus could have been, because it should be a natural element of the story
Yes. Thats what I have been told. It does not have to overtake the story and seem forced. It should be natural incorporated into the piece and to the marker seem integrated without over powering the essence of the story...
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!