Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:47:12 pm

Author Topic: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread  (Read 568141 times)  Share 

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: HSC Legal Studies Question Thread
« Reply #2025 on: September 07, 2018, 02:17:55 pm »
+2
Hey, i was just wondering how should i structure an answer to this question,

Outline the role of international legal and non-legal measures in maintaining world order and assess their effectiveness in relation to the nuclear threat

should my legal and non-legal responses only relate to the nuclear threat, the question has thrown me off a bit and i'm not sure how to answer it and specifically structure it

any help is appreciated so much

Hey!

I think this question is only asking you to talk about your legal/non-legal responses in relation to the nuclear threat. I didn't study world order, but my typical structure for legal/non-legal essay questions were:
- Introduction
- Somewhat effective legal
- Somewhat effective non-legal
- Not very effective legal
- Not very effective non-legal
- Conclusion

Hope this helps!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

amelia20181

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2026 on: September 10, 2018, 04:20:25 pm »
Why are peace and environmental rights collective but civil and political aren’t

amelia20181

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2027 on: September 11, 2018, 12:30:09 am »
why is the answer for this a

amelia20181

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2028 on: September 11, 2018, 12:31:15 am »
why is the answer for this b

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #2029 on: September 11, 2018, 08:08:22 am »
+1

Why are peace and environmental rights collective but civil and political aren’t

Hey! This is because civil and political rights are afforded to every individual person, they were the first human rights to be recognised so hence are 1st generation rights.

Peace and environmental rights are collective because individuals don’t have a right to them, per say. But groups do. For example, one individual person doesn’t have a right to a clean environment, but it is recognised now that society and communities do have that right, as a whole.

It’s a little tricky, and perhaps I’m not explaining it right, but it is just one to remember

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #2030 on: September 11, 2018, 08:09:34 am »

why is the answer for this b

These questions seem like they could be from the old Legal Studies syllabus, what year exam are they from?

amelia20181

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2031 on: September 11, 2018, 10:07:35 am »

henrychapman

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2032 on: September 11, 2018, 10:29:23 am »
Hey, i was just wondering how should i structure an answer to this question,

Outline the role of international legal and non-legal measures in maintaining world order and assess their effectiveness in relation to the nuclear threat

should my legal and non-legal responses only relate to the nuclear threat, the question has thrown me off a bit and i'm not sure how to answer it and specifically structure it

any help is appreciated so much

I would say that you'd have to focus on the nuclear threat because it has specified.
This isn't too tricky to do I don't think as there is a lot of information on it.
I would structure my paragraphs around 2 legal responses and 2 non-legal responses in order to give a balanced treatment of both.
I would look at North Korea as a case study as it is relevant to modern day society and perhaps shape your legal and non legal responses around this.
Just a thought
HSC 2018
English Advanced: 90
Economics: 92
Legal Studies: 92
Modern History: 91
Studies of Religion II: 88
History Extension: 41
ATAR: 96.60

2019: B. Commerce/Laws @ UNSW
I offer tutoring in those top 4 subjects above, at a very reasonable price. Have numerous resources as well. Send me a message for more info :)

amelia20181

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2033 on: September 11, 2018, 10:37:00 am »
why is this contract law and not tort law

amelia20181

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2034 on: September 11, 2018, 03:39:16 pm »
why is the answer for this b and not a

shivansh

• Adventurer
« Reply #2035 on: September 11, 2018, 04:41:22 pm »
why is the answer for this b and not a

Any international treaties or agreements are only effective if they are ratified and in Australia and most countries that only happens when domestic legislation is introduced. Moreover, signing an international treaty such as the UDHR is optional (state sovereignty) but laws in a country must be followed with no exception 

shivansh

• Adventurer
« Reply #2036 on: September 11, 2018, 04:47:07 pm »
why is this contract law and not tort law

This is a weird question and don't expect to see anything like this in the HSC but it's because a standard contract requires that the product must be fit for purpose and to be a safe product. Obviously, the product has breached both of these requirements and therefore the contract was broken. Tort law however, is a much broader field and just anytime one party commits a civil wrong against another party. This question is pretty stupid in my opinion but contract law would be the MOST right answer

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #2037 on: September 11, 2018, 05:58:43 pm »

Waaaay too old - The current syllabus didn’t kick in until 2011 (if I’m wrong please someone correct me!) I believe? So don’t look at any papers from before then

(Ps, on my phone so will just add here instead of sending a proper thing, please remember not to chain post! Add stuff to your last post so the feed doesn’t clog up )

acalt2019

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2038 on: September 13, 2018, 09:21:47 pm »
Hey,

I was given this question for an essay for my final assignment worth 40 percent. Have been very troubled with discussion point topics to include, finding examples has been easy but understanding and expressing the nature of the question has been difficult. Intend to use basic LCMID such as Mokbel, Tang, wonderland etc. Wondering if i could get help please :)

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #2039 on: September 13, 2018, 10:03:50 pm »
Hey,

I was given this question for an essay for my final assignment worth 40 percent. Have been very troubled with discussion point topics to include, finding examples has been easy but understanding and expressing the nature of the question has been difficult. Intend to use basic LCMID such as Mokbel, Tang, wonderland etc. Wondering if i could get help please :)

Hi! I think you forgot to insert the question :-) We can't help you if there's no question!! Hahaha
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW