Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:50:50 am

Author Topic: Chances of MHS  (Read 883 times)  Share 

qwerty124

• Trailblazer
  • None
  • Respect: +2
Chances of MHS
« on: September 01, 2019, 10:04:59 pm »
 :)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 06:08:27 pm by qwerty124 »

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Re: Chances of MHS
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:18:59 pm »
So my friend who got an offer to MHS told me his scores. At first, it seemed that i got better than him, but then he checked his scores and got 1 higher than me.
My score:
1 sup
1 above average
3 high averages
(pretty crappy)

His score
1 sup
1 average
2 above
2 high

I understand that he got higher than me, but can someone please tell me if i was really close or not.
I received a late offer to schs on the 19th, and I was wondering if there is still a slim chance of me getting another offer/third offer
Yes, you are pretty close, but also  remember when comparing scores with other candidates, Selective entry schools compare the overall score not just particular subjects. So, there is also the possibility that it is not as close as you may think (but nevertheless still close ;) ). As for the third offer, sorry to hurt you but let me just say this, don't hang on to it too much. While there is a chance, try to see what you can do next. For example, when I got rejected, I decided to start preparing for year 10 entry and the JMSS exam instead. Or, you can wait for sometime and in a bad scenario, contemplate on accepting the offer for Suzanne Corey (given that this idea is suitable for you). Another third opinion of mine would be to give up on selective etnry exams forever,  but I highly recommend that you do not do that.

P.S. Please don't beat yourself up :) I know your pain last year as well, but honestly, it is not worth to beat yourself up into believing that your scores are crap and all. Just remember that failures are stepping stones to success :) :) :)

CHA0021

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Chances of MHS
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:18:56 pm »
qwerty can i see the schs late offer email just out of curiosity. you can blur out the name if you want (you should)