Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:56:06 am

Author Topic: Module B- Poems of Christina Rossetti  (Read 1751 times)

mylinh-nguyen

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Module B- Poems of Christina Rossetti
« on: June 16, 2017, 09:59:09 pm »
How does a Petrarchan sonnet help convey the themes of inconstancy of romantic love and women's sexual and economic vulnerability and the exploitation by men for the poems of Christina Rossetti in After death, In an artist's studio
ballad for Light Love
allegorical nature
I'm having trouble with this  'explore the ideas expressed in the text through analysing its construction[/b], content and language

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Module B- Poems of Christina Rossetti
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 11:59:37 pm »
Hey! I don't know the text, but basically you are being asked to look for techniques! The composer will use techniques to communicate those ideas/themes mentioned in the question, your job is to for how this is done through techniques, as well as the content and structure of the poems ;D is there anything specifically you are having trouble with? :)

mylinh-nguyen

• Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 10:39:30 am »
Hey! I don't know the text, but basically you are being asked to look for techniques! The composer will use techniques to communicate those ideas/themes mentioned in the question, your job is to for how this is done through techniques, as well as the content and structure of the poems ;D is there anything specifically you are having trouble with? :)

I'm having trouble with how construction communicates the themes 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 12:01:15 pm »
I'm having trouble with how construction communicates the themes 

So that's still about techniques - Construction refers to how the composer has put the text together. The techniques they used is what you will be looking for, and those techniques are there to communicate ideas to us, the audience. So,

The use of extended metaphor in ____________ (provide example) communicates the corrupting nature of power to the audience.

Totally pulled that out of nowhere, but that is the sort of thing you look for. There's a few sets of Notes on your text here, they might help! :)

mylinh-nguyen

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 12:57:40 pm »
+1
So that's still about techniques - Construction refers to how the composer has put the text together. The techniques they used is what you will be looking for, and those techniques are there to communicate ideas to us, the audience. So,

The use of extended metaphor in ____________ (provide example) communicates the corrupting nature of power to the audience.

Totally pulled that out of nowhere, but that is the sort of thing you look for. There's a few sets of Notes on your text here, they might help! :)

Oh ok thank you!!!