Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 05:34:15 am

Author Topic: Best Study Resources for: Psych, HHD, Further, Legal, English  (Read 462 times)  Share 

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Best Study Resources for: Psych, HHD, Further, Legal, English
« on: September 22, 2019, 07:52:04 pm »
Hey hey hey

What is everyone's opinion on the best Study Resources for: Psych, HHD, Further, Legal, English??
I'm currently looking at ATARNotes, A+, Neap and Checkpoints... what are the best for each subject? Pros and cons??

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I live rurally and have to order online so I can't physically look at the contents of the books I'm buying
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

lst1103

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +5
Re: Best Study Resources for: Psych, HHD, Further, Legal, English
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 08:16:01 pm »
+1
Hey!

I bought the A+ Exam book last year for Legal, and in all honesty, I didn't like it. I'm selling my Legal notes for $5 (46 last year); message me if you're interested!!

I also purchased Checkpoints for both Psych and Further this year, and I find the books quite helpful for revision! They are, however, primarily comprised of past VCAA questions, and those which aren't are a bit hit-and-miss. I bought mine second-hand (though they hadn't been used), and I'm not sure if I would've paid $30 for a new copy. Can't speak for any of the other companies' products, nor subjects, though I'm sure ATARNotes' study resources are fab.

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: Best Study Resources for: Psych, HHD, Further, Legal, English
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 07:29:43 am »
Hey!

I bought the A+ Exam book last year for Legal, and in all honesty, I didn't like it. I'm selling my Legal notes for $5 (46 last year); message me if you're interested!!

I also purchased Checkpoints for both Psych and Further this year, and I find the books quite helpful for revision! They are, however, primarily comprised of past VCAA questions, and those which aren't are a bit hit-and-miss. I bought mine second-hand (though they hadn't been used), and I'm not sure if I would've paid $30 for a new copy. Can't speak for any of the other companies' products, nor subjects, though I'm sure ATARNotes' study resources are fab.

Ist1103 thanks for your reply! I bought the ATARNotes English study resource and its like 75% helpful, but then again English isn't a black and white, wrong and right answer subject...though with that being said it did help me a TON with my comparative! For Bio I've found Checkpoints to be quite useful because it basically tells you what questions are still relevant to the study design and gives you suggested solutions so it's made doing practice papers that little bit easier. So it is fair to say that I'm definitely going to be considering buying Checkpoints!

Also how much work did you put in to get such a great score in Legal!?
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP