Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:04:28 pm

Author Topic: HSC Business Studies Question Thread  (Read 221129 times)  Share 

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
Re: HSC Business Studies Question Thread
« Reply #675 on: October 31, 2018, 06:45:10 pm »
That's what I would say too but interested to see if anyone does put diagrams in essays. Personally an essay feels like just writing...
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

Mada438

• Forum Leader
  • Skiing, motorcycle and travel fanatic
  • Respect: +399
« Reply #676 on: October 31, 2018, 09:10:40 pm »
hey guys,
can i include diagrams in both report & essay?
Yeah its a good thing to do if its really simple and helps to get your point across (e.g putting a diagram of the PLC or BLC)
I don't see why you shouldn't do it in both. They're both reports.
Of course section 4 CAN be written as an essay, but a report format helps keep you on track and markers always say report styles for section 4 get the better marks.

Hope this helps, good luck on friday!  ;D
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

"Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire"

Advice for starting year 12
An open letter to my School Friends
Would 10 year old you be proud of who you are?

2020: Bachelor of Arts @ANU

ishhhyyyaaa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #677 on: October 31, 2018, 09:22:57 pm »
Yeah its a good thing to do if its really simple and helps to get your point across (e.g putting a diagram of the PLC or BLC)
I don't see why you shouldn't do it in both. They're both reports.
Of course section 4 CAN be written as an essay, but a report format helps keep you on track and markers always say report styles for section 4 get the better marks.

Hope this helps, good luck on friday!  ;D

thanks so muchh!!

i was also wondering, what are the other names they can use for the financial objectives. like other names for liquidity, solvency, etc?

thankyouuu once again!

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #678 on: October 31, 2018, 09:42:28 pm »
thanks so muchh!!

i was also wondering, what are the other names they can use for the financial objectives. like other names for liquidity, solvency, etc?

thankyouuu once again!
I don't think they use any other names for them? Especially not for liquidity and solvency. I've not seen them use synonyms for them before.
"Live life like a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown and be sweet on the inside"

"May you grow up to be righteous; may you grow up to be true. May you always know the truth and see the lights surrounding you. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong"

leotlion

• Adventurer
« Reply #679 on: November 01, 2018, 12:09:37 am »
Hi,

So at our school, our teacher made us write the non-stimulus question in business report format. I just recently found out that the format isn't specified by the HSC for that question and that the only one which you have to write in business report format is the stimulus question! So now I'm panicking! Is using business report format acceptable for the non-stimulus question? Or do I have to write it in an essay format (which I've never ever done for Business Studies before!) I don't want to change what I'm familiar with but will I get marked down for using business report format? What did you guys do??

HSC 2018 - English (Advanced) | Mathematics Extension 1 | Mathematics Extension 2 | Biology | Business Studies | Modern History

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #680 on: November 01, 2018, 08:12:04 am »
+1
Hi,

So at our school, our teacher made us write the non-stimulus question in business report format. I just recently found out that the format isn't specified by the HSC for that question and that the only one which you have to write in business report format is the stimulus question! So now I'm panicking! Is using business report format acceptable for the non-stimulus question? Or do I have to write it in an essay format (which I've never ever done for Business Studies before!) I don't want to change what I'm familiar with but will I get marked down for using business report format? What did you guys do??

Hey

So for Section III (business report), it does specify that you have to write in the business report format. However, for section IV it just says in an extended  response format, so that can be either in the essay form or business report form.

Just do whatever you feel comfortable with! If you have been doing section IV in a report form, best you stay with that now since it's what you've practiced with and considering it is the day before the exam

Good luck for tomorrow!
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #681 on: November 01, 2018, 08:42:55 am »
Hi,

Hey!
Just to add onto what emilygeorge has said, it is 100% acceptable. It's what I've always used, and what my teacher recconmendeds (used to be a senior marker). If you're still not feeling assured, have a look at the formats used by some past responses over the years!

All the best for tommorrow!  ;D

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #682 on: November 01, 2018, 04:59:08 pm »
Hey guys, I have a question.

Under the 'Factors influencing customer choice' dotpoint in Marketing, I was always under the impression that 'sociocultural' factors referred to of course a person's society/culture but also their socio-economic status based on their income etc which influenced their customer choice. And I thought that 'economic' factors referred to the state of the economy (boom, recession which obviously impacts on consumer choice).

But on HSC Discussion a lot of people seem to be arguing that influences such as a person buying a luxury car is an ECONOMIC influence instead of a socio-cultural (which is what I was taught smh). Also I did a past paper question and the answer also seems to conflict with what I was taught and now I'm honestly just confused.

If anyone could clarify this, it'd be great!
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||
ATAR: 96.20

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #683 on: November 01, 2018, 06:59:52 pm »
+1
Hey guys, I have a question.

Under the 'Factors influencing customer choice' dotpoint in Marketing, I was always under the impression that 'sociocultural' factors referred to of course a person's society/culture but also their socio-economic status based on their income etc which influenced their customer choice. And I thought that 'economic' factors referred to the state of the economy (boom, recession which obviously impacts on consumer choice).

But on HSC Discussion a lot of people seem to be arguing that influences such as a person buying a luxury car is an ECONOMIC influence instead of a socio-cultural (which is what I was taught smh). Also I did a past paper question and the answer also seems to conflict with what I was taught and now I'm honestly just confused.

If anyone could clarify this, it'd be great!
Hey!
So the way i see it, that is an economic factor
I look at it like this:
Psychological factors are ones that are internal (ones' self) influences. Meaning that an individuals buying habits are influenced by their own opinion
Socio-cultural is where they are external infuences from other groups and peers that influence someones buying behaviour
Economic deals with both the government and someones own socio-economic status

So i would agree with both the picture and the hsc disscussion people who say "a person buying a luxury car is an ECONOMIC influence, not a socio-cultural one"

Hope this helps!

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #684 on: November 01, 2018, 08:31:54 pm »
+1
Not a question, but wishing you all the very best with business studies tomorrow. We've all put in the hard yards and once this is done, business is all over.
We can do this guys! Good luck for tomorrow!  ;D

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
« Reply #685 on: November 01, 2018, 09:28:58 pm »
Hey!
So the way i see it, that is an economic factor
I look at it like this:
Psychological factors are ones that are internal (ones' self) influences. Meaning that an individuals buying habits are influenced by their own opinion
Socio-cultural is where they are external infuences from other groups and peers that influence someones buying behaviour
Economic deals with both the government and someones own socio-economic status

So i would agree with both the picture and the hsc disscussion people who say "a person buying a luxury car is an ECONOMIC influence, not a socio-cultural one"

Hope this helps!

Thank youuu and good luck to you too!!
HSC 2018 || Biology (90) || Business Studies (94) || English Advanced (87) || Legal Studies (91) || General Mathematics 2 (95) ||

raghav_singh

• Adventurer
« Reply #686 on: November 06, 2018, 05:11:33 pm »
Hi, I wanted to clarify something. Under Operations Strategies where it says performance objectives, then it has speed.

Does speed refer to the amount of time taken to complete the operations, or amount of time to respond to changes in market demand levels

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #687 on: November 06, 2018, 06:52:38 pm »
+1
Hi, I wanted to clarify something. Under Operations Strategies where it says performance objectives, then it has speed.

Does speed refer to the amount of time taken to complete the operations, or amount of time to respond to changes in market demand levels
Hey!
Speed under performance objectives means efficiencies in production. So yes, it is the amount of time taken to complete the operations process.

Razeen25

• Trendsetter
« Reply #688 on: November 07, 2018, 08:49:48 pm »
+1

Just adding on to what Mada438 said above, whilst speed refers to amount of time taken in the actual operations, it is the 'Flexibility' Operations performance objective that refers to efficiency regarding the amount of time taken in responding to changes in market demand/wants/volume levels.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:52:36 pm by Razeen25 »

Mada438

• Forum Leader
« Reply #689 on: January 14, 2019, 10:05:34 am »
+1
Hey,

I recently sat in one of Andrew's Business Studies lectures, I was curious to find out what his explicit abbreviations he used to remember sections of the syllabus.

P.S. His lecture was pretty sick, highly recommend, gutted he didn't have more of my subjects
You don't have to necessareily use the ones andrew uses. Its just an example of how it is done. You can make your own ones up as well and they'll do just a good a job!
Actually, i recconmend using your own ones as it means they are easier for you to remember because they are tailored to you!