Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:58:57 am

Author Topic: Can i still get 85+ atar with this score  (Read 1383 times)

Arthur0330

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can i still get 85+ atar with this score
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:14:05 am »
My school's rank is 255 in NSW
Here are the trial marks and assessment ranks for my subjects:
English Standard: 57 (40/102)
Biology: 63 (18/39)
Chemistry: 66 (32/56)
Earth and environmental science: 76 (3/8)
Ancient History: 68 (5/16)
Pls help meeee

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Can i still get 85+ atar with this score
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 11:31:04 am »
+4
Welcome to the forums!! ;D

You absolutely still can get an 85+ ATAR - But not if you walk into the HSC and get those Trials marks again. I think you probably know that, and I won't lie and say that those scores as they stand will definitely get you an 85.00. They likely won't, it's unfair to tell you otherwise :)

However, if you are driven, there is no reason at all that those marks can't jump up for your HSC. Your ranks are solid, which means a strong HSC performance will do really good things for your results! So push as hard as you can to maximise your own results, and help your peers to maximise theres. In subjects like Chem/Bio where you sit in the middle of the pack, you are relying on your cohort to perform alongside you for maximum benefit :)

Keep pushing, maximise your results moving forward, and just aim to do the best you can ;D

Arthur0330

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 12:11:36 pm »
Thx for the info and motivation, it rlly helps alot. I am just wondering if people usually get a much higher external marks than their trials scores or its just fairly consistant.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 06:08:58 pm »
+1
Thx for the info and motivation, it rlly helps alot. I am just wondering if people usually get a much higher external marks than their trials scores or its just fairly consistant.

I know plenty of people who jump up quite a bit, but they're the ones who are super dedicated and work themselves really hard to get there. It's not easy! But it can certainly be done :)

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 10:10:24 pm »
Your school is ranked way better than mine and your ranks overall is not bad, you are in a good position for 85+.. You still have a chance to get higher than that actually..  Just depend on how you go with the hsc exam itself...
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics