Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:16:06 am

Author Topic: Sacs :(  (Read 1510 times)  Share 

forthcoming

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Sacs :(
« on: April 25, 2018, 01:58:34 am »
Hey everyone.

i have just finished term 1 and im very disappointed in my results so far. It has been all my fault and i have not put the effort in to achieve the atar i want (at least a 70-75). i feel as if i could honestly have gotten a 75-85% average sac mark if i was to restart the year and try my hardest. I got these marks without putting any effort at all ( zero study ). Completely my fault and i honestly feel a bit ashamed of my self.

English marks for the first 2 sacs were averaged to 64%. (probably near a middle rank) have 5 more sacs to go.
Physics sac was a fail. 22% (small class but probably bottom third or close to lowest rank) , we have 4-5 more sacs to go + exam worth 60%
IT has been my good subject with 85% , on the first sac with 3 more to go + exam.
economics was average to 55% for the first 2 sacs. 5 more sacs to go + exam
Further math had me ranked at around the bottom third with a 50% first sac result. with 3 more to go.

Im not expecting to get a super high ATAR , just enough to give me options on a uni degree. Im quite worried that no matter what i do in physics , further math , eco and english my study score will be under a 30.  Do i still have time to catch up and get near 30's in all my subjects? [/b][/b][/b]

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Sacs :(
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 04:51:30 pm »
+6
Hey,
I really don't know much about the technical side of VCE but I would say its definitely possible to get a 30 in all of them. You still have 5 SACs left for physics, English and Eco so your first SAC would have only been worth a very small amount of your total study score. You have less SACs to go for further, but there are 2 exams so your SACs are only worth 34% in total.

You absolutely have time to catch up and do well in them - but you need to start now.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

DarwinsFinches

• Adventurer
  • More basic than acidic.
  • Respect: 0
Re: Sacs :(
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 09:34:28 pm »
In the grand scheme of things, SACs aren't 'the be all and end all'. You still have heaps of time to fix up your ranking and focus on your exams, which is what truly counts in the end.
VCE - Class of '18
2017: Biology [43]
2018: Literature [43], Chemistry [41], Further Maths [44], Legal Studies [39], Maths Methods [34].
ATAR: 97.55
2019: Bachelor of Science @ The University of Melbourne