Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 10:16:14 pm

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 288616 times)

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #510 on: September 06, 2018, 01:41:13 pm »
+1
Sweet!
I did a bit with a compound before my brother upgraded to a .22.
Serious fun!

What did you use? Recurve, Compound?
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Miaaa

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #511 on: September 09, 2018, 01:48:31 pm »
+6
I joined a while ago but this is my first time in the forums  :)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in year 12 and am doing Advanced English, Extension English, Maths, Biology, Ancient History, Extension History and Spanish Beginners

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
Hmmmm not sure I like most movies

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Probably be an AK 47 for easy long range kills and an entire warehouse of ammo

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #512 on: September 09, 2018, 02:02:01 pm »
+3
I joined a while ago but this is my first time in the forums  :)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in year 12 and am doing Advanced English, Extension English, Maths, Biology, Ancient History, Extension History and Spanish Beginners

Hmmmm not sure I like most movies

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Probably be an AK 47 for easy long range kills and an entire warehouse of ammo
Hey there, welcome to the forums! :))

What's your favourite movie? (Considering you can't think of a movie you hate? ^-^ )
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Zeths

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #513 on: September 10, 2018, 11:56:42 am »
+1
What did you use? Recurve, Compound?
I used a small recurve, it was pretty easy to use.
Sorry for the late post

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #514 on: September 10, 2018, 06:19:39 pm »
I used a small recurve, it was pretty easy to use.
Sorry for the late post
Aw yep, sweet!

No worries... :)
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

Ish11

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2018, 07:44:29 pm »
+8
hello i'm new  ;D ;D

i'm in yr 11 this year and i'm doing methods, further 3/4, chemistry, latin, legal and english language
my favourite is probably chem, but i find legal interesting and although they make latin kinda easy for you, it sounds impressive so i like it too  ;)

hmm not really a movie person...my younger siblings played the lego movie almost every day for almost a month after some genius bought it for them, so i guess thats it. it was kinda cute the first four times tho  :P

kill 'em with kindness  ::) yup selena gomez fan

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
is it terrible to say i want to be rich? i also want to be other things, but yeah money is right up there

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
um, i run out of time EVERY DAY i seriously am so bad at the whole organise your life thing  :-\
but no my life is lovely  ;D
not really a paragraph but yeah

oh and i almost forgot to say i watch once upon a time...i feel like thats something you should tell people before you start a conversation, so they know to run if they dont want to hear about the massive family tree that links pre much every person on the show  ;D i'm almost done only one season to go dont worry
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:51:08 pm by Ish11 »

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2018, 08:54:00 pm »
hello i'm new  ;D ;D

i'm in yr 11 this year and i'm doing methods, further 3/4, chemistry, latin, legal and english language
my favourite is probably chem, but i find legal interesting and although they make latin kinda easy for you, it sounds impressive so i like it too  ;)

hmm not really a movie person...my younger siblings played the lego movie almost every day for almost a month after some genius bought it for them, so i guess thats it. it was kinda cute the first four times tho  :P

kill 'em with kindness  ::) yup selena gomez fan

is it terrible to say i want to be rich? i also want to be other things, but yeah money is right up there

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
um, i run out of time EVERY DAY i seriously am so bad at the whole organise your life thing  :-\
but no my life is lovely  ;D
not really a paragraph but yeah

oh and i almost forgot to say i watch once upon a time...i feel like thats something you should tell people before you start a conversation, so they know to run if they dont want to hear about the massive family tree that links pre much every person on the show  ;D i'm almost done only one season to go dont worry
Welcome to AN ;D

How is further going for you with it being your first 3/4 and all?

BTW I love your personal text haha
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Ish11

• Adventurer
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2018, 09:08:45 pm »
heyee thanks  :) :)

How is further going for you with it being your first 3/4 and all?

BTW I love your personal text haha
hmm...i actually dont like the classes very much because i dont really know the other ppl in there too well so i get kinda bored
the actual content i actually dont mind coz i did cambridge maths in yr 10: the further stuff is pretty much the same a bit harder obviously but i'm coping pre well. i'm always frustrated with my sac marks tho i am amazing at just missing out on top of the class with a dumb mistake that i didnt have to make  :-\
and thanks haha i've been sitting at this desk for hours and i havent started my hw yet so i thought it was kinda appropriate...thank goodness i'm only in yr 11 i'm gonna need some motivation for next yr tho

just realised you do further too  :D :D :D
which modules are you doing?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:16:57 pm by Ish11 »

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2018, 09:30:49 pm »
+3
I tend to do my math work whilst playing music through my headphones to avoid getting bored.

We’re doing matrices and networks - the common ones. We did the same ones in year 11 though and it’s not much harder so I don’t really have to try. The only time I’ve done work outside class on math is in the lead up to SACs.

Making silly mistakes in further is normal - the content itself is easy but they have to distinguish between people somehow so they word questions weirdly and stuff like that, particularly if you go to a high performing school.

Try studying in a different place! Once you start associating somewhere with relaxing it’s hard to change that. I’ve had to change up where I study a few times this year because I keep getting distracted haha. Also discipline > motivation. Don’t rely on motivation to make you work, you’re not going to constantly have motivation, no one does.

Ish11

• Adventurer
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2018, 09:51:49 pm »
yup i created a spotify account solely for getting thru making my reference book for further haha
at my school they let us individually choose our modules so we're all doing different ones...is that normal?
but my school is a bit crazy. there are 16 kids in my year which is fun most of my teachers are bosses tho
i will try that thx  :)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #520 on: September 14, 2018, 07:44:07 am »
at my school they let us individually choose our modules so we're all doing different ones...is that normal?
but my school is a bit crazy. there are 16 kids in my year which is fun most of my teachers are bosses tho
i will try that thx  :)
It’s not super common but it is allowed - most schools just do the same ones because it’s easier to teach - I doubt you really have that problem at your school haha

Ish11

• Adventurer
« Reply #521 on: September 14, 2018, 06:35:44 pm »
yeah thats tru haha  :P

Glenfishy

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #522 on: September 16, 2018, 02:28:32 pm »
+11
Year 11 and I’m doing:music performance, art, English, Physical Education, General Maths and Food Studies.

Batman vs Superman, I found it incredibly dull

Holy Spirit

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional) I want to be working, earning the money doing what I love, whether it’d be making music, art or studying theology,  and sharing the gospel along the way

A lot of trials and challenges, I feel like I haven’t had it easy when it comes to catastrophes. I honestly don’t know where I’d be without Christianity, I don’t even know if I’d still be here. My goal is to be the best me possible and keep on growing and learning and hopefully have a happy life.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #523 on: September 16, 2018, 05:37:45 pm »
+3
Welcome to AN - Great to have you here ;D

What’s your favourite subject atm?

noellep

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #524 on: September 20, 2018, 01:14:16 pm »
+8
I'm currently in year 12 but like im almost finished so
Be somebody, classic teen romance about a justin bieber type guy but with a looooooot of shaky cam which made real dizzy
depends on what kind of zombies, like walking dead or world war z zombies? well long range for walking dead like a bow or something and id accept death with the world war z ones.
I guess just someone who helps others get to where they want to be
i can do it in one word ready? sad