Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:13:32 pm

Author Topic: What are Breadth Tracks?  (Read 900 times)  Share 

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
What are Breadth Tracks?
« on: June 18, 2019, 11:06:59 pm »
+1
Hi AN! I was scrolling through the Melbourne Uni handbook and came across something called 'breadth tracks'. What exactly are they? In the FAQs section it just says that they are 'a set of three or more subjects that progressively develops knowledge and skills relevant to some domain, theme, topic or issue' which is a pretty broad statement.

Do breadth tracks have any practical applications, for instance in terms of opening up future postgrad / career pathways? The FAQs say it's not the equivalent to a major and 'will not be recorded on your academic transcript'.

CONTEXT: I'm hoping to do undegrad science / postgrad vet medicine at Melbourne Uni. If I also completed a breadth track in animal studies, would that give me an advantage when I apply for vet medicine?

This is kind of a separate question but I thought academic transcripts recorded ALL the subjects you complete?

Thanks in advance!! :D

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU

MB_

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Unspecified and mysterious
  • Respect: +60
Re: What are Breadth Tracks?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 10:35:39 am »
+2
Breadth tracks are essentially a set of breadth subjects (where a breadth subject is a subject from a different area of study to the degree that you are enrolled in) related to some particular area. The breadth track will not be recorded on your academic transcript, however, the breadth subjects you complete as part of a breadth track will be.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 10:37:47 am by MB_ »
2015-16: VCE
2017-: BSci UoM - Maths & Psych