Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:08:04 am

Author Topic: Is this a valid way of preparation for exams?  (Read 835 times)  Share 

r4id3r

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Is this a valid way of preparation for exams?
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:44:08 am »
Hi,
For Chemistry this year, my current study method has been to print out Ahmad Shah notes, highlight the core/relevant pieces of information and condense that into useful information that answers the required syllabus dot points. My next course of action will be to go through the 2016 past paper from last year, then (using my notes and the internet) formulate the correct responses and balanced formulae. Does anybody have any other advice? Perhaps I could improve my study method? Thanks!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
Re: Is this a valid way of preparation for exams?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 09:12:31 am »
+1
If you want to use other people's notes to make your own notes you really shouldn't be using just one source of information. Ahmad Shah's notes are good but try combining it with other's notes, or even a textbook. Everyone's notes only covers what they need; there may be more useful content out there.

One past paper is always nice, but try to do as many as you can. Do some trial papers if you want to save more HSC papers for later.

But that being said, the general idea of notes ASAP ---> past papers is there, which is a good foundation.

r4id3r

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Is this a valid way of preparation for exams?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 09:17:07 am »
Alright cool, thanks!