Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:59:18 pm

Author Topic: The way you receive notifications  (Read 1898 times)  Share 

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
The way you receive notifications
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:46:20 pm »
So you guys already know how we revive notifications, for eg. having to clink on a link which tells us our new replies, but why not have another way where we can just imminently see if we have new notifications instead of having to check it and press on a link? Where it's on our home forum page on a corner and perhaps we could have a setting were we get notified if we have a new notification

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: The way you receive notifications
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 06:07:16 pm »
I think this has been raised in the past. XenForo forums lend themselves well to this, but having so many notifications can be annoying. Another forum I frequent (and moderate coincidentally) gives notifications upon PM (duh) and when someone quotes your post. I do like that.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 06:36:14 pm »
I think this has been raised in the past. XenForo forums lend themselves well to this, but having so many notifications can be annoying. Another forum I frequent (and moderate coincidentally) gives notifications upon PM (duh) and when someone quotes your post. I do like that.

I've never liked SMF :( . Just so you know @OP, you can click the Notify button on a particular thread or forum to have emails sent to you when a new post/new reply is made.

Another link you might be interested in:
http://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=notification

(i'll keep other biased opinions regarding SMF to myself :P)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:39:39 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

TheCommando

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:43:01 pm »
Another possible disadvantage is that when u r on the site you dont know if someone has replied to your post unless u click on it normally.